General Discussion Race Reports! » Muncie May Triathlon - Olympic Aquabike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Muncie May Triathlon - Olympic Aquabike - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Selma, Indiana
United States
Muncie Multi Sport
55F / 13C
Total Time = 1h 36m 58s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Tried pop tarts and less coffee than usual as pre-race fuel, seemed to work ok. Also took a gel 10 min before swim.
Event warmup:

Nothing, put face in water to get the "shock" out of the way
Swim
  • 24m 26s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 29s / 100 yards
Comments:

Happy with how the swim went. Always hard to compare times between races because of measurement discrepancies, but this was a minute faster than last race last year and included a ~75 yard run on the beach after the first lap. Used new goggles and kept the lenses dry prior to start, so could see much better so I stayed straighter. Not a lot of traffic, a few bumps mostly during first lap. Some boat traffic caused some chop during one portion of the course.
Transition 1
  • 03m 7s
Comments:

I'm never fast when there's a long run to T1 because I take it slow. This was pretty long and uphill. After getting to bike, it went pretty good - wetsuit removal was ok, not terrible not great. Rubberbanded shoes to bike which worked well.
What would you do differently?:

Remember to body glide lower legs and ankles and forearms/wrists to help with wetsuit removal. Run faster to bike.
Bike
  • 1h 09m 25s
  • 25.35 miles
  • 21.91 mile/hr
Comments:

Felt ok starting off. Course was 2 loops, a little net downhill to start and a little net uphill on the backside. Was more rolling than I anticipated. Took a gel right away, started feeling a little nauseous about 15-20 minutes later so maybe I should have waited...or not taken one pre-swim also. Need to figure that out. Somewhat content with performance, thought I should have been faster given FTP compared to last race, but it was a little more rolling and I don't think I pushed as hard. Averaged 229w I think, which was about 20 more watts for the same speed - some of it was the course, some of it may have been PM...who knows. Going to probably not do so many intervals between now and next race and see what happens, I think I overtrained/under-recovered for a bit before this race.
What would you do differently?:

Push harder? Change training a little? I should have been faster given FTP increase so not sure what happened - maybe I overdid the intervals and never recovered sufficiently.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Run
  • 00m
  • 6.21 miles
  •  min/mile
Post race

Last updated: 2011-12-20 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:24:26 | 1640 yards | 01m 29s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: out, over, back...run on beach to starting point and repeat
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 66F / 19C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 03:07
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:09:25 | 25.35 miles | 21.91 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:00:00 | 06.21 miles |  min/mile
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2012-05-16 9:30 AM

User image

Subject: Muncie May Triathlon - Olympic Aquabike
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Muncie May Triathlon - Olympic Aquabike Rss Feed