Not much
Event warmup:

Light stretching
Swim
  • 09m 55s
  • 500 yards
  • 01m 59s / 100 yards
Comments:

Swim starts in the water a few feet deep in a cove near the country club. Wave start with 3 minutes in between each wave. Lake Sinclair is a very clean Georgia lake (one of the cleanest). My in-laws live on the lake and I always enjoy open water swimming in this lake. Even though it was somewhat windy on the lake, the water was pretty calm. This is a great swim for a first time triathlete. Plenty of buoys and easy to site.

Because there are a lot of first timers, I spent a good portion of the swim trying to swim around people.

I saw another woman next to me in the same colored cap swimming at my pace so I kept with her the entire time. She was the 3rd overall female.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing.
Transition 1
  • 01m 27s
Comments:

The transition from swim to bike in near the lake. It's a decent climb out of the country club/transition area to the road. If you do this race, make sure your bike is in the correct gear for the climb. Luckily, I remembered to do that this time!

Nothing
Bike
  • 34m 48s
  • 12 miles
  • 20.69 mile/hr
Comments:

Georgia Multisports did an excellent job placing a volunteer at pretty much EVERY cross road to direct athletes where to go. Also, even though the road was open to traffic I think I saw maybe two cars the entire time (which was surprising given that it was a Sunday and there are a lot of churches on Log Cabin Road).

Several of the homewoners sat in the yard and watched the racers.

Nothing. I missed my time goal by a few seconds but overall was fine with this result.
Transition 2
  • 00m 55s
Comments:

NOTE: T2 is in a different locaiton than T1. It's up the hill from the lake at the country club parking lot. If you ever plan to do this race plan extra time for transition set up. It's not complicated but just keep it in mind.

One of my worst transitions ever. I was having problems with my Garmin and as I came into transition, I MISSED my rack and got lost. WTF? I've never done that before. Then I found it and had to go under the rack to get my shoes, which were facing the other direction. Ummmm, DAH? Probably a 15 second cost.

PAY ATTENTION! Dah!
Run
  • 21m 14s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 06m 50s  min/mile
Comments:

My number belt fell apart on the run and fell off of me. It happened because I was trying to loosen it a little and loosened the wrong side. I had to run back to get it and stop to tie it into a knot around my waist. Oh well! Stuff happens. With this in mind I was really happy with my run time.

Practice adjusting the belt while running or leave it alone!
Post race
Warm down:

Drink water and chat with family and friends!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

T2 screw up and number belt mishap.

Event comments:

I thought this was a great local sprint race. I definitely plan to do this again every year and highly recommend it.

Excellent post-race barbeque spread available to everyone there, not just the athletes!

Last updated: 2012-05-21 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:55 | 500 yards | 01m 59s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 10/71
Performance: Average
Suit: None
Course: Counter clock-wise swim. Very easy to follow the buoys and well marked.
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:27
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:34:48 | 12 miles | 20.69 mile/hr
Overall: 2/71
Wind: Little
Course: My Garmin showed the bike course as being 12.5 miles, not 12(like it states here on BT), and not 11.5 like shown in the results for 2012. This is a great rolling course. None of the hills are long or overly steep. I was able to stay in my big chain ring the entire time. There are also some flat sections to GO! A portion of the route is on some winding road through neighborhoods, but nothing so winding that it was slow or overly technical. Overall I really enjoyed this bike course!
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:55
Overall: Bad
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:21:14 | 03.11 miles | 06m 50s  min/mile
Overall: 5/71
Course: This is a rolling course with a few good climbs. I was feeling it. Also, it's hot with little shade. I really liked it! Also, there were plenty of aid stations with ice cold water! NOTE: My Garmin shows that the course was only 3.0 miles, not 3.1. I averaged ~7:15 minute miles not 6:50 (I wish!)
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes