General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 13 Week Training Calendar? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-06-21 1:22 PM

New user

Subject: 13 Week Training Calendar?

On the days that you do two things like run & swim or Bike and swim.  Are you suppose to do them back to back or whenever you can do one and do the other?

Thanks,

Matt

2012-06-21 4:50 PM
in reply to: #4273800

User image

Phoenix AZ
Subject: RE: 13 Week Training Calendar?

Not sure which plan you're referring to, but for most workouts you can do them whenever you have time - back to back or one in the AM and another in the PM.

HOWEVER

There are likely to be some "brick" workouts in your plan, which call for a back to back bike/run workout to simulate your raceday. 

2012-06-21 4:53 PM

Personally, I think it's best to do it all at once, just to have two different forms of cardio in a short amount of time, and also because you will be doing the entire tri at once, and not all throughout the day. Of course, if time doesn't allow, then it doesn't allow. 
2012-06-21 4:56 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City
mbthibaut - 2012-06-21 11:22 AM

On the days that you do two things like run & swim or Bike and swim.  Are you suppose to do them back to back or whenever you can do one and do the other?

Thanks,

Matt

You should do them with time to rest in between if you can.  One in the morning and one in the evening would probably be best.

Back to back if they specifically tell you to.

HOWEVER, life gets in the way and you have to do what you have to do.  Fit them in when you can.  If you have to to them back to back, then do it.  Just realize you may not be getting the most from the second workout since you will be tired from the first part.  I generally try to get one in at lunch, and then one after work because that works with my schedule best.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 13 Week Training Calendar? Rss Feed