General Discussion Race Reports! » Five Mile Lake Co-Ed Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Five Mile Lake Co-Ed Sprint Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Federal Way, Washington
United States
BuDu Racing
65F / 18C
Overcast
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Said hi to a few people...
Event warmup:

Got in the lake for about 30 seconds.
Swim
  • 12h 11m 4s
  • 440 yards
  • 2h 46m 09s / 100 yards
Comments:

There were only 4 of us in our wave - the last wave - so I was kind enough to bring up the lead. (heh) I felt like I did OK. The water wasn't bad once you got moving, even without a wetsuit.
What would you do differently?:

mmm...train more?!?! yes, I think that would be helpful
Transition 1
  • 02m 58s
Comments:

Wasn't a real fast transition for me...I didn't really feel the need to rush too much.
Bike
  • 1h 10m 11s
  • 14 miles
  • 11.97 mile/hr
Comments:

Well...the night before I still hadn't had my outfit figured out. I thought I had...but I hadn't tried on one of the pieces - and it didn't fit. So after a few adjustments...finally got something together. For the swim & run it was fine. But for the bike...I ended up doing a change. I had tri shorts under a (gap) running skirt. The running skirt was bunching and I was sitting on the seams. Once I got that off and just wearing tri shorts - much better.
I was thinking I had an average speed in low 13's...but did not. (Had no computers on either of our bikes...)

Definitely train more..
Transition 2
  • 01m 50s
Comments:

Quick transition for me...no shoe change. Just add skirt. And take some water...
Run
  • 45m 59s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 14m 47s  min/mile
Comments:

Surprised myself with how much I was "running". Ankle felt okay until the last mile or so...then I could tell it was getting worse. By the time we turned into the park (had about .1 mile left) it was hurting more than I wanted to.
I was hoping to get a 14ish min/mile pace - but I was a little slower than that.

Train more...(I sense a theme here...)
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

Me

Event comments:

Dave said he would do this race WITH me awhile back. I'm not sure he realized how pleasant that made the experience for me. I've had not so fun races before and this one was good.
We ended up doing the "retro" category. Which meant no wetsuits, no tri bike, no aero gear, etc. Its a category they have at a few of BuDu's events and a portion of the registration fees go to JDRF. It ended up being fun! We had our own cheering squad - they brought us towels to dry off with after the swim..it was fun! There were only 4 of us - so Dave & I tied for third place :-) And combined we won the spirit award and we won a growler of Mac & Jack's (mmm...good beer...)

About the race in general:
It was a great race. After working for BuDu I had yet to actually do an event. And it is a pretty well run machine. All the volunteers are nice and most of the participants cheer each other on - that is what I love about triathletes. The course wasn't too trying, but it was enough of a challenge.

Did I mention that I REALLY appreciated my husband hanging back and doing this with me?!?! :-)

Last updated: 2012-06-30 12:00 AM
Swimming
12:11:04 | 440 yards | 2h 46m 09s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Suit: No wetsuit
Course:
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 67F / 19C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:58
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:10:11 | 14 miles | 11.97 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course: Rolling hills, a few downhills (but nothing steep), one decent climb.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:50
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:45:59 | 03.11 miles | 14m 47s  min/mile
Performance:
Course: Rolling hills mostly. Nothing too steep downhill or uphill.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2012-06-30 4:57 PM

User image

Elite
Puyallup, WA
Subject: Five Mile Lake Co-Ed Sprint Triathlon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Five Mile Lake Co-Ed Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed