United States
World Triathlon Corporation
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

the night I headed up to Austin, CAT gave me a lion charm - Lenord - to make it through the race -- well, really the swim so that I could do the whole race. He had to wait in transition during the swim, but came along for the ride the rest of the race.
Event warmup:

none. night before I hung at hotel, did not eat properly, Ped, then to bed. not ideal nutrition.
Swim
  • 53m 1s
  • 2112 yards
  • 02m 31s / 100 yards
Comments:

was very happy with my swim time -- under an hour. yay!
Transition 1
  • 00m
Bike
  • 3h 00m 34s
  • 56 miles
  • 18.61 mile/hr
Comments:

the only thing I remember about the bike are the guys who flew off the course, one crashing, the other almost hitting a volunteer, because they can't read the sign saying, "slow, turn ahead"
Transition 2
  • 00m
Run
  • 2h 09m 24s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 53s  min/mile
Comments:

it was brutally hot. this is one of the few times i can say, thank goodness I live in the valley so the heat didn't kill me as much as others. very fit looking people were literally stopping and seizing in muscle spasm pain. I had some soreness toward the end of the run and hurt if I ran, hurt if I walked. I really wanted to finish in 2 hours, but the 2:09 was acceptable. the crowd support was amazingly fun. You went past the same group of party people three times and each time they were a little more rowdy, high fiving as you went through the chute near the finish line.
What would you do differently?:

get my name on my shirt so they called me out by name!
Post race
Warm down:

Shelly and Yogi met me at the finish -- well, tried to but they didn't realize the order of events at a triathlon and were waiting by the bike in. they finally found me inside by the real finish. it worked out fabulously as i was then recovered enough to enjoy the bloody mary shelly had made. mmmmm

after the race, we went to find my car, Shelly carrying my stuff, Yogi pushing the bike -- um, I forgot where I parked so we search one lot, then went to find their car to drive around searching all the lots -- we eventually found it. I was nowhere near correct on where I thought I put it. I need to improve on the finding my car aspect of a race!

Last updated: 2012-07-19 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:53:01 | 2112 yards | 02m 31s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: somewhat weedy and a whole lot of guys to girls ratio so got run over a lot. my first couple hundred meters I was feeling like my throat had a string wrapped around it -- was my panic. once I finally got that out of my head, was good - mostly. it was windy so at one point a kayaker ran into me as he was blown toward the swimmers. oops
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No