Overall Rank = 130/2719
Age Group = F19-39
Age Group Rank = 84/1443
Run
  • 51m 51s
  • 10.13 kms
  • 05m 07s  min/km
Comments:

Well I somehow managed to squeeze out a 30 second PB for the 10K although the run was probably not executed to the best.
They had pace-makers for different paces and I started right behind the 50min pace-maker and I somehow had the ambition to see if I could hold on to him which was probably a really stupid idea considering the fact that the pace is too fast for me even under best condititions but with my tired legs from Thursdays run this was a recipe for disaster! I tried to start a little easier which worked well for the first km as there were so many people but then picked up the pace a bit which made the second km way too fast. The next 3 I just ran by feel and perceived exertion which worked well. The pace felt OK. During km 5-6 there was a slight uphill followed by a downhill and I slowed down going up but somehow never got right back into the rhythm afterwards and I had to fight to get the pace back to where it was supposed to be. Then at km 7-8 I just died....The pace just dropped for no apparent reason (just saw it by looking at the Garmin as perceived exertion was the same) and I could not get it back up. I also had no desire to keep running anymore and just wanted it to be over. Towards the end of that km I had a good talk with myself and decided to keep running and trying to get the pace back up by completely focusing on myself only (which is often tough during a race with 5000 other people) and running one step at a time. Well it worked and I got the pace up again and was even able to increase it to sub 5min/km (8mph) for the last km by using my 4 mantras (from my 4min killer bike intervals I did 2 years ago) for the last 800m and that worked perfectly.
Garmin showed the course long by 130m.

Post race
Warm down:

Kept walking once I got through the finish trying to find Torben. Felt both knees a tiny bit (not much) and the right hip as well but I think it just a tired feeling and not pain.
All in all I am happy with my PB but I am disappointed as well that my expectations of what I could do were so far off! I am scared of how it will be if I experience that in the HIM in 2 weeks....

Last updated: 2012-08-19 12:00 AM
Running
00:51:51 | 10.13 kms | 05m 07s  min/km
Age Group: 84/1443
Overall: 130/2719
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]