Churchill County Parks and Recreation
74F / 23C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 34m 4s
Overall Rank = 40/60
Age Group = 45-050
Age Group Rank = 1/5
Pre-race routine:

Woke up about two hours before the race and ate breakfast. Kissed husband good bye, he irrigated all night long and had to work all night so he need to sleep, and headed out to the race. Stayed calm all morning.
Event warmup:

Ran and four laps in the pool. Tried to release some that burning and overall yuck I feel when I first start moving.
Swim
  • 12m 37s
  • 586 yards
  • 02m 09s / 100 yards
Comments:

I was so tense during the swim that my shoulders are sore today! I don't know why but I am always extremely tense during the first part of the swim. I actually passed the girl in front of me who started 5 seconds before me. But then I thought we still had two laps to go but she passed me on the last just before our last lap. I drafted a bit, intending to rest and then pass her but we were done had it was time to get out of the pool.
What would you do differently?:

Try to self talk myself into not stressing, remember everything I practice. I was like a wet noodle when I got out and as I jumped up onto the deck my feet and legs cramped so bad I had to sit down before standing. Also, I will pay attention to what lap I am on so I can be more strategic.
Transition 1
  • 02m 21s
Comments:

I stopped to help a guy get his shirt on...he was really panicking and it was all rolled up on him. I guess that took a few seconds but he looked like a fish out of water and I had to help. I did not fair too much better, tripped as I was getting my shorts on and was awfully weak feeling. Not that I pushed so hard in the swim but I was just tense. If my tri-suit ever comes in the mail...ordered over two weeks ago...my T1 will be much faster!

I am not super fast but I usually use this time to shake off how the swim went, gather myself and prepare for the bike.
Bike
  • 46m 31s
  • 14.5 miles
  • 18.70 mile/hr
Comments:

18th overall...dayyyyuuuummmm! Seriously, though my watch said 39 and when the results were first out it said 40. Of course the wrong results said my run was 22 minutes..ha ha ha..um no. So I thought the bike was correct because I passed so many people on the bike and I was the first woman in on the bike! I know my watch was correct on the bike it was the only thing I timed! Oh well.

I pushed hard on the bike...maybe a little to hard but I knew this would be by my strongest event. The new bike is amazing in wind and if I had faced that wind on my old one I would not have beat my time at all. I would get a garmin to be double sure of my bike time! I still shaved off five off the bike time.
Transition 2
  • 01m 16s
Comments:

Couldn't get my bike on the rack and had to spend an eternity fixing it.

Get easier lace up laces.
Run
  • 31m 13s
  • 3 miles
  • 10m 25s  min/mile
Comments:

I was weak in the run. Still my time is not that far off from what I expected. It was a muggy day and I struggled to breath. Had to walk a lot during the course and three women I passed on the bike passed me on the run..what a horrible feeling. Yet, a ten minute mile is a fast pace for me. I felt a little dizzy and light headed during my run but that subsided fairly quickly. Threw some water on my head and drank some too and that seemed to help.

Due to some wounds on my feet, (Callous ripped off) I hadn't ran much in the two weeks prior to my race so I knew I would be out of run shape. The only thing I can do is run more at this point.
Post race
Warm down:

Stretch; eat

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The balls of my feet were extremely injured the weeks prior to the race. I could barely walk and even now, at the end of the day, I have blood on my socks or in my shoe. This limited my training, I gained weight and struggled mentally. My feet still hurt but only after I run so training won't be such an issue these next few weeks.

Event comments:

The times were messed up and the organization did work on it. However, I still am not 100% sure my bike time is correct. It more than likely is. The volunteers are great and each year I see improvements to our local race.

Last updated: 2011-12-27 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:12:37 | 586 yards | 02m 09s / 100yards
Age Group: 1/5
Overall: 40/60
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course: Pool swim...10 and a half laps
Start type: Inside Pool Plus:
Water temp: 70F / 21C Current:
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Below average Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:21
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: No
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:46:31 | 14.5 miles | 18.70 mile/hr
Age Group: 1/5
Overall: 18/60
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: Same as last year. Some parts are great some its like you need four wheel drive. More head wind than in previous years.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:16
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike Bad
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:31:13 | 03 miles | 10m 25s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/5
Overall: 48/60
Performance: Below average
Course: Pavement, dirt path, gravel, sand...you name it we run over it!
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes