Ohio Running
60sF / 0C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 04m 7s
Overall Rank = 210/402
Age Group = Chicks 30 - 39
Age Group Rank = 21/64
Pre-race routine:

Woke up, squeezed my fat bottom into my conditioning wear compression shorts. Used a liberal amount of Body glide on the bottom of my girls and sports bra (as the humidity causes bad chafing and it's starting to be noticeable when I'm in a swim suit argh.), grabbed a cliff bar and headed out the door.
Event warmup:

Warm Up? What warm-up? Why would I warm up, with 13.1 miles there is plenty of time to warm up.
Run
  • 2h 04m 7s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 28s  min/mile
Comments:

It was a nice flat run on a shaded bike path. Mostly figured that this would be a nice long training run because I wouldn't have to carry my own water so that is what I treated it right. Overall it was a good run. I was pretty consistent pace wise for the 6 miles, at the turn I picked it up a little bit and was a bit faster for miles 6.5 until I hit mile 11 where the wheels started to come off. I don't think this was as much an endurance issue as it was mental mind f*$&%^ It was all I could do it keep it under a 10:00 per mile pace for the last two miles while I was easily holding 9:15s for the three miles previous....
What would you do differently?:

Nada, this was exactly what I wanted; it let me know that I can indeed still run 13 miles and/or run for a couple of hours which means I haven't completely committed suicide by registering for the Rev3 Half.
Post race
Warm down:

I did manage to fuel properly for this (as opposed to the Flying Pig half earlier in the year) so I was able to grab a mini muffin and a banana and some Gatorade and head back to the car where my FTP (who ran a kick butt race) and sat and ate our food before changing out of our sopping wet race clothes and heading home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Ehhh there's always more training to be done and some extra lbs to be lost but whatever.

Last updated: 2012-08-15 12:00 AM
Running
02:04:07 | 13.1 miles | 09m 28s  min/mile
Age Group: 21/64
Overall: 210/402
Performance: Average
Course: Out Back on the Bike Path.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3