Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2012-11-06 12:11 PM
in reply to: #4437330

User image

Veteran
The Woodlands, Tx
Subject: RE: Oil Man bike course
Mine was 2.24 ahead of the markers.  But when I went through the last water stop, one of the guys kept yelling out that there was only so many miles left...he was right on the money and the markers were off.

2012-11-06 2:48 PM
in reply to: #4486250

User image

Veteran
Houston, TX

I ran as part of a 3 man relay. My race team had two teams (who took 1-2 in the all men's relay) and one of the bikers actually rode 62 miles because he beat a slacking volunteer who evidently left their post and he got all the way to 105 on his return trip before realizing he missed the turn.

They still won... sheesh. Worth mentioning their guy running ran USAT Olympic Nationals in Vermont earlier this year.

The run course was a very technical run course, was absolutely not favorable especially in the east side of the hotel through the parking lot and around the lake. I would have preferred a route change and made it four loops.

2012-11-07 9:32 AM
in reply to: #4486596

User image

Pro
CyFair
Fmode11 - 2012-11-06 2:48 PM

I ran as part of a 3 man relay. My race team had two teams (who took 1-2 in the all men's relay) and one of the bikers actually rode 62 miles because he beat a slacking volunteer who evidently left their post and he got all the way to 105 on his return trip before realizing he missed the turn.

They still won... sheesh. Worth mentioning their guy running ran USAT Olympic Nationals in Vermont earlier this year.

The run course was a very technical run course, was absolutely not favorable especially in the east side of the hotel through the parking lot and around the lake. I would have preferred a route change and made it four loops.

Agreed.  Wasn't a fan of the run course.  I saw several folks go off course due to crappy signage.  I had a horrible run and none of it was due to the course.

2012-11-09 1:33 PM
in reply to: #4487771

User image

Veteran
Houston, TX
uhcoog - 2012-11-07 9:32 AM

Agreed.  Wasn't a fan of the run course.  I saw several folks go off course due to crappy signage.  I had a horrible run and none of it was due to the course.

I emailed the race director about a different issue, but I feel its worth noting here that next year the gravel parking lot East of the Conference Center that was scary to negotiate while racing will be paved.

There is a 70.3 in Tyler that is two weeks earlier that may be my end of season race next year. Either that, or IMAZ.

2012-11-09 4:11 PM
in reply to: #4492032

User image

Pro
CyFair
Fmode11 - 2012-11-09 1:33 PM
uhcoog - 2012-11-07 9:32 AM

I emailed the race director about a different issue, but I feel its worth noting here that next year the gravel parking lot East of the Conference Center that was scary to negotiate while racing will be paved.

There is a 70.3 in Tyler that is two weeks earlier that may be my end of season race next year. Either that, or IMAZ.

I think I'm going back to Austin.  I have a score to settle with that course.  Actually I'd rather do Miami Man because my parents live in Miami and it would be free room/board, but that's probably out travel wise with the $$$ spent on IMTX.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Oil Man bike course Rss Feed  

of 2