Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2012-10-18 9:13 AM
in reply to: #4458767

User image

Master
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Subject: RE: Women who have Sisters

Thanks for all the great replies.  I'm sure after really analyzing it a LOT has to do with the dufus she married.  (IRonically my mom's sister married an equally offensive mate but for different reasons--can anyone say My Mother Myself, LOL) My husband used to think we were being "harsh" about my BIL, but after a few family gatherings he was just stunned at how, well, limited he was, I mean to the point of I wonder if his IQ is borderline.  It's like you really can't talk to the guy about anything.  So the idea of getting together as couples or what have you was never in the offing.  And then as soon as my sister was knocked up, my brothers and I were like, "yeah she'll never leave him b/c she's so religious"

Well, I suppose never too late to mend fences.

I sometimes regret that in my early 20s I was (prolly like most ppl) so wrapped up in my own world that when she got involved with him I didn't say "what are you thinking???"  And now 25 years later here we are......

2012-10-18 11:26 AM
in reply to: #4457453

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
I am child # 3 of 5.  There are 3 girls and we are sandwiched with a brother on each side.  My older sister and I get along on a limited basis.  SHe thinks herself to be an expert in almost everything and is actually NOT.  Dealing with her and her wierdo husband/ kids is enough to make me want to puke sometimes.  As I said, LIMITED basis. My younger sister pretty much made her own life and seldom interacts with the rest of us.  She lives in the Netherlands and when she flies home she has minimal contact with family preferring to be with her friends.  I am closer to my brothers than my sisters.
2012-10-18 11:43 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
I have 3 younger sisters.  I am the oldest (34), and the others are 32, 30, and 26.  Growing up I got along best with the one 2 years younger than me, but now she is a born again Christian, and I find it extremely difficult to relate.  She has 4 children like me, but we are raising them differently, so even parenting subjects are off limits.  I never got along with the one 4 years younger than me.  Our personalities don't work well together at all, and we never speak to one another unless it's a holiday or birthday.  My youngest sister is my best friend in the world (aside from my husband).  We have the same interests, humor, political thoughts, etc.  Just visited her in Chicago for the weekend and had the time of my life.  It's really rough when we get together for family gatherings because youngest sister and I get along so well, and I think the other sisters feel that.  The middle two live in the same town with my parents and never left, while my youngest sister and I moved on to big cities.  Really weird dynamics going on.  
2012-10-18 12:31 PM

User image

Veteran
The Woodlands, Texas
I'm the youngest of four, two sisters and a brother. I don't know what I'd do without my sisters.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Women who have Sisters Rss Feed  

of 2