United States
60F / 16C
Overcast
Total Time = 26m 39s
Overall Rank = 110/317
Age Group = 40-49
Age Group Rank = 16/26
Pre-race routine:

Rule #1 - DO NOT HAVE TACOS and KEY LIME PIE before a race. Bad idea. My pre-race routine consisted of multiple bathroom entrances. I stopped at 7-11 to get a travel size packet of Zantac. It helped. Got to the race 30 minutes before the start. Nice setup. Race started at a church in Lakewood Ranch. Which a rich development that seems brand new. I stretched a little before the start.
Event warmup:

Stretched. People watched. Got my MP3 ready and to my delight the headphones had bit the dust. So no tunes!!!!
Run
  • 26m 39s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 34s  min/mile
Comments:

I am glad I had worn my long sleeve NewSkin shirt because it was a little cold. I was a little pissed that my headphones went kaput but it was nice to run "Naked". I was a little worried that I would get a lightheaded as I have gotten lightheaded with any exertion. I got that about 2 miles in but I knew I was ok. (My doctor father-in-law said afterwards it was probably low energy. Probably need some sugar.) I was going around 9 minute/mile for a while until the last mile. I picked up the pace as the race booty went faster. As she dropped off I started racing against another guy. I was struggling, he was effortless. He blew by me at the end. Such is life.
What would you do differently?:

I need to lose weight and get the lightheadedness under control. Check my headphones before the race.
Post race
Warm down:

Got some water, banana and muffin. Hung out in the church. Wanted to wait for the awards (I wasn't going to get any) and the door prizes but I was tired. Made a quick exit.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Who knows. I am and always will be slow. But the point is to get out there and do it. So I did it.

Event comments:

This was my "A" race. Meaning it was a race that I did. What is an "A" race anyway for a BOP like me. I guess my next race will be my "B" and so on.

Last updated: 2012-11-07 12:00 AM
Running
00:26:39 | 03.11 miles | 08m 34s  min/mile
Age Group: 16/26
Overall: 110/317
Performance: Average
Course: Through the developments of Lakewood Ranch. Very Stepford Wives like for people who get that reference. Beautiful houses, well manicured lawns and Mercedes and Range Rovers in the driveway.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes