United States
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 32m 3s
Overall Rank = 10/343
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 1/8
Pre-race routine:

Carbo loaded on pizza and beer last night. Not the best idea. Wasn't hungry in the morning so drank a serving of my infinit run mix didn't want to carry it on the run
Event warmup:

Just a little streching
Run
  • 1h 32m 3s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 07m 02s  min/mile
Comments:

Wasn't sure what I'd get for my time. My previous PR was 1:46 last year so I knew I could get that but wasn't sure by how much. Hadn't done any speed work lately just adding up the miles for my marathon. Plan was to go out about 7:30 and just see how it went. First mile was 7:09, oops. Game plan went out the window then. Started just going by feel and I felt good. Didn't know how long I'd keep up my 7 min pace. 8 mile was a 6:53 so I figured I could hang on. Last mile was a 6:44. Overall about as perfect a race I could have hoped for.
What would you do differently?:

Finish a little harder. My 10th and 11th miles I slowed a bit to 7:15 wanting to close strong. I think I could have stayed at 7 or a bit faster and still finished strong maybe even went under a 7 min pace.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked and got a coffee and water waiting for my dad to finish. A little stretching. Got home and rode an easy 20 miles to stretch out.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Only thing I could think of is maybe a taper. Training for a marathon I just tossed this race in. Still ran 45 miles last week. Only "taper" I did was change off days from Friday to Saturday.

Event comments:

Great race. I didn't stick around for awards as there were a lot of people still out on the course and I wanted to get a quick ride in before kickoff.

Last updated: 2012-12-02 12:00 AM
Running
01:32:03 | 13.1 miles | 07m 02s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/8
Overall: 10/343
Performance: Good
Low HR-123 Avg HR-178 High HR-188
Course: Clogged start. Local 5k and !/2 that started on the same course at the same time. First mile was a lot of dodging people. Stayed on same course the first 5k then entered a local state park with some nice shade. Flat course only 1 small bridge. Awesome course that really helps appreciate my local area.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes