View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
United States
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 52/92
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Having never done an indoor tri before I had no idea what to expece. I packed my bag the night before so I just had to wake up and eat a waffle and have a coffee then leave. My wave didn't start till 10am, but I wanted to watch Alyssa's wave at 8:30, so I arrived to McFee at 8 and hung out with them and relaxed.
Event warmup:

There were 12 people in a wave, male and female. 85 out of the 92 participants were from college tri clubs from around the midwest. There were teams from Madison, UofM, Lacrosse, St Olaf, Mankato state, Marquette, Iowa... 9 teams in total - those fast little tri college kids.. ;) I was hoping most of them would be hungover or something :) Lowest points were awarded to the furthest (or highest wattage) in each event and the lowest total points won. Because most of the people were college kids, it was kinda silly to have age groups, but they did separate it out on the final results - there were 5 people over 25 years old... They didn't seprate out male and female when giving out points.
Swim
  • 10m
  • 650 yards
  • 01m 32s / 100 yards
Comments:

The pool was FREEZING, so I slowly got in and was able to swim a few laps to literally warm up. Good thing I got in before so I could get used to it!! The girl in my lane says "i'm going to be swimming 1:25 100's" so I said, "well, I'll just try to stay out of your way!!" I tried to hand with her for as long as possible - she got 27 lengths in so I'm stoked I could keep her in my sights. Not being able to flip turn really was a speed suck in a race like this, but I don't think i'm going to learn any time soon... ;) My goal was to get at least 20 lengths so I'm happy with my results.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

We had a 10 min break to get from the pool, change, and get into the spin room. I wore a swimsuit for the swim and changed into my tri gear for the rest, it was a total pain because I was totally soaked, but it worked out. I ate a gu on the way to the bike and was able to get a bike picked out, adjust it a little bit and have 30 seconds rest before the bike portion started.
Bike
  • 25m
  • 0.06 miles
  • 0.14 mile/hr
Comments:

I accumulated 82.5 total watts in 25 minutes. Having never done this before I have no idea if this is good or bad or what. BUT, of all the women, it was the 3rd highest - so that's good! Spinning like that is hard, you have no gage on your competitors, there's nothign to look at, it's kinda boring, you ahve to bring the motivation from within... it was a hard 25 min, and a SWEATY 25 min! ha!!
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

We had 5 minutes to walk from the spin roon up to the indoor track. We made it there with aabout a min to spare and just kinda hung around for a few minutes then we were off.
Run
  • 15m
  • 2 miles
  • 07m 30s  min/mile
Comments:

So there were 12 people in my wave, 3 of us girls and the rest guys. I started in the back of the pack and they took off like crazy fast!! I tried to hang on as long as possible, but they all pulled away except one guy. I hung on to him for about 12 mintues, then pulled up on him and passed. Ended up gettting in 16 laps - this gave me 7:30 miles which is FAST FOR ME!!! yay!! It was only for 15 min, but I've never run that fast in a race before - maybe if I start training for speed... hmmmm Anyway, I haven't been running much (like, lately only once a week) because my left knee ITB pain, but that was ok during the race. overall, I was very happy with my run, but prob could have pushed it a wee bit more... next time!
Post race
Event comments:

Now, I know this is all for fun, but I did see results being adjusted and recorded incorrectly. I saw some athletes from a team looking at the swim results and then adding distance to a teammates results. Another example: I looked at the girls watts on the bike next to me and it was recorded as being 20 watts higher in the results... It is what it is and was a great workout and experience for me, but I don't trust the results... oh well - its was fun!!

Last updated: 2012-12-03 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:00 | 650 yards | 01m 32s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/92
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: Everyone shared a lane and we were to swim as far as possible in 10 min. I got 26 lengths in. Pretty good (for me) considering I hadn't been in the pool more than once (last Teudsay!) since ironman!
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:25:00 | 00.06 miles | 0.14 mile/hr
Wind:
Course: 25 minutes on a spin bike that measured your total watts produced over that time.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:15:00 | 02 miles | 07m 30s  min/mile
Course: 200 meter indoor track
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2012-12-03 9:14 AM

User image

Expert
Western WI
Subject: UW-Eau Claire Indoor Tri

2012-12-03 9:49 AM
in reply to: #4519135

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Subject: RE: UW-Eau Claire Indoor Tri
Sounds like a fun and different way to spend a day/morning.
2012-12-05 9:43 AM
in reply to: #4519135

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Subject: RE: UW-Eau Claire Indoor Tri
It looks like an enjoyable experience. And a great outlook on the time adjusting that was going on. You had fun, so what else matters. And GREAT job on the run!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » UW-Eau Claire Indoor Tri Rss Feed