General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from Panama Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-12-05 3:48 AM

Subject: Hello from Panama
Im 45 years old, i started to do spinning a year and a half ago and decided to move forward and enter into triathlon, bought a bike and recently started training, i want to train for the next september triathlon, nevertheless so many questions around my mind, like if im too old to start, i will really appreciate your opinionsBest regardsMauricio

2012-12-05 4:08 AM
in reply to: #4522394

User image

Regular
Madrid
Subject: RE: Hello from Panama
45 is definitely not too old. It obviously will have to depend on your overall health and general level of fitness but with those boxes ticked you should be good to go. My advice is to not over do from day 1. Take it slow and follow the advice here and workout plans if you have race or a goal in mind. Good luck.  
2012-12-05 8:24 AM

User image

Master
Washington, DC Metro

Welcome Mauricio.

I'm glad you've taken up this wonderful sport... and no you are NOT too old by any means.  I started endurance sports at 32 and I'm faster, stronger, and fitter now at (almost) 42.

This is a great group of folks and they will all provide any info you need, so don't be afraid to ask questions. 

Where about in Panama are you?  I used to travel there for work very regularly and I absolutely love the country.  I've spent time in Bocas del Toro, Barro Colorado, Fortuna, Gamboa, and others 

2012-12-05 8:55 AM

Hey guys thanks very much for your support and encouragement, i intend to start next month with a 12 week tri begginers plan, i feel pretty comfortable riding the bike, running, but swimming is below average, i realized that a need a trainer .Regarding my self Im mauricio zavala, live in Panama city phone 507 66769381 , mail:[email protected] free to contact me and if you have plans to come down here it will be a pleasure to show you around
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from Panama Rss Feed