General Discussion Race Reports! » New Balance Aquathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

New Balance Aquathlon - Biathlon (swim/run)

View Member's Race Log
Singapore,
Other
Sunny
Total Time = 46m 11s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 0/
Swim
  • 18m 26s
  • 800 meters
  • 02m 18s / 100 meters
Comments:

Swam freestyle then switched to breaststroke cause navigation became a problem not swimming in the correct direction but zig zag.Concentrate on keeping body streamlined and head in the water with buttocks up when doing freestyle and not doing "waterpolo freestyle" but could not navigate properly, breathing only on left side. Every now nd then must stop or keep head up to see where I,m going so had to switch to breaststroke easier to navigate and see where I,m going.
Transition 1
  • 02m
Run
  • 25m 45s
  • 5 kms
  • 05m 09s  min/km
Post race

Last updated: 2004-06-26 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:18:26 | 800 meters | 02m 18s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Bad
Rounding:
T1
Time:  02:00
Overall:
Removing cap, goggles and wetsuit:
Getting into shoes:
Running
00:25:45 | 05 kms | 05m 09s  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2004-06-26 7:22 AM

Veteran
Singapore
Subject: New Balance Aquathlon

2004-06-26 10:01 AM
in reply to: #33741

Subject: RE: New Balance Aquathlon
I was there too. It was my first try at a biathalon. Need to work on my swimming. I was zigzagging all the way too. Timing was really bad. Swim (frontcrawl) 23:10 , T1= = 49s, 5K at 28mins 47s. It was a very good experience. My was the last race of the day. It was quite intimidating at the start line with so many well built guys around me. Howver, i realise some of them cant run. haha !!

regards
2004-06-27 2:40 AM
in reply to: #33761

Veteran
Singapore
Glad to hear from someone in singapore. Are you a Singaporean or an expatriate living in singapore? First tri at biathlon there's always a first time this was my second biathlon so more relaxed no pressure or stress lah just do for fun......My first biathlon experience was the navy biathlon, hey you should sign up for the the Navy Biathlon next year around March Twice the distance! Twice the fun! erm or is it pain I have not done any tri yet cause I don,t have a road bike yet still can't afford one. The important thing is you have completed your first biathlon many more will come as you get hooked to the sport and you'll only get better from now on.
By the way I was also in the last race of the day(blue cap) so maybe I have seen you but don,t know you.(Unfortunately, I am not one of those well built guys that you mentioned more like tall and skinny like a bamboo stick)
If you're really interested in improving your swim, join a tri club look under Directory -> Clubs -> Singapore -> Triathlon or just go to www.triathlonfamily.com.All the best!

2004-06-27 7:37 AM
in reply to: #33741

Veteran
MO
Nice race, guys! I think a swim-run duathlon would be really fun. I don't think they're very common in my area. Glad you had a good race!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » New Balance Aquathlon Rss Feed