General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pure Cadence VS Revennas?? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-12-13 2:51 PM

User image

Expert
Chandler, AZ
Subject: Pure Cadence VS Revennas??

(Posted in Triathlon Forum originally)

I pulled a, " do it and hope for the best" today...I have a 30k race this Sunday and my original plan was to squeak out one week run in my Revennas and then search for another pair. After my run last night I decided to squash that idea and get a new pair ASAP. While looking for my shoe today, I came across a pair of the Cadence 1's on clearance and no Revennas. According to Brooks, the Cadence are very comparable to the Revennas in their "pure line" (except that have about half the life spam) so I went with them. Anybody out there who has tried both that can offer any experiences?

2012-12-13 3:18 PM
in reply to: #4534233

User image

Master
Grand Prairie
Subject: RE: Pure Cadence VS Revennas??

Not exactly what you are lookign for but...

I went from Brooks Adrenaline to Skechers GoRunRide and from there to Brooks PureFlow.

The latter I have run in twice on a 15mile and a 7mile run and that was just fantstic.

Long story short, if you are use to the drop (not sure what drop Ravennas have) you shold be happy with your new shoe.

Edited by timf79 2012-12-13 3:18 PM
2012-12-13 9:06 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

I was just looking on the Brooks website to compare the Ravenna to the Pure Cadence.  Weight wise the Ravenna has maybe 0,8 ounces more.  I couldn't locate it's heel drop.  The Pure Cadence has a 0.4 mm drop.  

I wear Brooks shoes exclusively.  I have in my rotation Ghost 5, Dyads, Launch (a favorite now discontinued line) , Pure Flow and just got a pair of Pure Cadence the other day.  I have also worn Adrenalines in the past.  Of this list I would rate my absolute favorites as Pure Flow and Launch.  With the Launch now discontinued the Ghost are an excellent choice.  I haven't made my mind up about the Pure Cadence.  Love the arch support, but the Pure Flow has more overall cushion for a light weight shoe.  Cadence felt a touch narrow, but they may be more comfortable with a lighter weight sock.  I find the Ghost the least "clunky" of the traditional shoes.  

According to some of the on line reviews of the Cadence that I read one person used them for training and racing 4 marathons.  Pretty impressive considering the most consistent "con" was short life of the shoe.

2012-12-28 10:32 AM
in reply to: #4534706

User image

Saint Paul, MN
QueenZipp - 2012-12-13 9:06 PM

I wear Brooks shoes exclusively.  I have in my rotation Ghost 5, Dyads, Launch (a favorite now discontinued line)

Due to popular demand, Brooks is bringing back the Launch.

2012-12-28 2:04 PM

I've run in the ravenna 1 since it came out.  I was down to my last pair, so I bought the pure cadence with the thought that I'd rotate them in to see how I liked it.  Well, I love them!  They "feel" faster than the ravennas and are my go to shoe now. I've run a half in them and they don't seem to be wearing any faster than the ravenna did.  I think I'm gonna try out a pair of the flows next.  My only complaint is that I still tend to land a little on my heel and the cadence doesn't have to much heel cushioning.  That's my fault though, not the shoe!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pure Cadence VS Revennas?? Rss Feed