BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Tony's Xterra & Short Course Tri Group - OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 16

2013-04-20 7:34 AM
in reply to: #4543641

User image

Subject: RE: Tony's Xterra & Short Course Tri Group - OPEN

Hi there,

Can I join in?

I would love to get some support and direction, I'm a complete newbie, will be doing my first ever tri (sprint) on the 5th of May and I can't wait. My objective is to do an oly tri and I wasn't sure I would be able to do it this year, but I'm starting to think it's doable after some replies here on BT to my thread. That makes everything even more exciting!

I lost quite a bit of weight after my second child was born 3 years ago and got into the running and I used to swim as a child so the bike is really the element that's the hardest for me. I joined a tri club and have been going (and loving) to their swim sessions, but I'm not confident enough to join them on the bike rides.

I live in a place surrounded by hills and parks so the idea of an xterra at some point also appeals to me, but one step at a time...

2013-04-23 8:22 AM

User image

Veteran
Waukegan, IL

Hey guys...it's been awhile.

2nd taper week for my marathon. Lots of shorter runs this week. I have a lot of time now too. This is nice! I have my race strategy ready for the day and am resting well. Happy training all!

2013-04-29 10:26 AM

User image

Elite
Romeoville, Il

Got back from Tony's training camp on Wednesday!  Had an incredible time and hit some milestones in training.  If you haven't checked out Tony's blog here's a good excuse! He's got a great re-cap and video of our adventures out there.

http://tzcoaching.com/blog/2013/04/26/2013-california-spring-training-camp-recap/

I pretty much got killed in the MTB race I did, but definitely had great time!

2013-04-30 2:12 PM
in reply to: #4718919

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois

Hey Brian, thanks for sharing the link!  You beat me to it. 

Sorry for being missing in action everyone!  It's been a crazy last couple of weeks with the Sea Otter race out in California, then the camp, then trying to take a few days vacation.  Finally back at home getting caught up with everything! 

2013-05-01 7:26 PM

User image

Veteran
Waukegan, IL

A biking trip in California with Sea Otter...sounds awesome! Glad it went well! 

Today is Wednesday...Saturday is the marathon. Feeling good about it! 

Tony - If I remember right, the mtb you had before your new Giant was a full-suspension 26er and you replaced it with the 29er front suspension. Now that you've had a few rides with the 29er, how does it compare to your other bike? Just curious.

Happy training everyone!

2013-05-01 8:31 PM
in reply to: #4723235

User image

Veteran
Aurora, Illinois

It was a great trip!  Already planning on the 2014 edition, should be great! 

The 29 hard tail climbs alot better, and is a faster bike.  But, the bigger wheels turn a lot slower, I think I've crashed every time Ive ridden it so far!  I knew my 26er well and pushed her to the limits on every turn, can't use that same handling on the 29er so just taking time to get use to it. 

Good luck on the marathon!  Let us know how you do. 

2013-05-10 8:57 PM

New user

Hey guys sorry I haven't logged in for a bit, been dealing with a pulled calf, inner tendon problem. Occurred a few yrs ago on a treadmill, felt like I popped it, toar it not sure never had it looked at. Started running on treadmill this winter/spring and it felt fine, went on the track 2 wks ago, tightened up, and since then I can't go more than two miles without an issue. Slowed it down. Getting some help, getting old sucks, any advice wold be great. Can't do a tri with how this is rt now. Rob the Canadian
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Tony's Xterra & Short Course Tri Group - OPEN Rss Feed  

of 16