View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Weatherford, Texas
United States
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Peach Pedal! Headed over with Kerry, Becky and Cindy and met Marcy & Steve at the event. Becky was doing the 62 miler and the rest of us opted for 26. Cindy was riding my old hybrid type bike, and I was worried about her making the distance given that she hasn't ridden a bike in many years. This was also Kerry's longest and hilliest ride ever.
Bike
  • 2h 10m
  • 26 miles
  • 12.00 mile/hr
Comments:

Each rest stop had fresh cold peaches amonng other things, and Elvis was even at one of them. Beautiful country...came over one rise and could see forever! Lots of cows, horses, etc. Stopped for a bit to talk with a Tour de Cure rider I had ridden with a few weeks ago. She was waiting for the sag wagon, as her rear deraleur had completely come off after she dropped her chain on an uphill. It was a challenge for Kerry & Cindy to complete this ride given the hills and stretch distance, but everyone made it! I'm so very proud of Kerry for finishing when I know he was really tired.
Post race
Warm down:

Bought homemade peach ice cream off a golf cart cirling the parking lot, swapped out t-shirt sizes, then loaded up the car to head home. LOL, never thought I'd fit 4 bikes and 3 people in/on my Camry, but we did!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not a race..just a fun day!

Last updated: 2012-11-27 12:00 AM
Biking
02:10:00 | 26 miles | 12.00 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering: