General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Paleo Eggs Benedict Disaster Averted! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-01-09 9:23 AM

User image

Expert
Timmins, ON. Canada
Subject: Paleo Eggs Benedict Disaster Averted!

So....

I don't think this recipe is 100% paleo but I decided to give it a whirl as a treat to my wife and I for making it through one week of the paleo lifestyle...which we are both loving!

My "far" better half's favourite breakfast is eggs benedict. So while surfing I came upon this lovely little recipe...

http://www.amazingpaleo.com/2012/11/14/savory-waffles-with-poached-eggs-and-hollandaise-sauce/

..and thought, why not, lets give it a whirl.. My wife is the waffle expert, but I enjoy cooking as well as new challenges, so here we go.

I wake up early, and am mixing, whisking, boiling and simmering away. Three out of four burners going! Hollandaise sauce looking good...tasting good.... I am going to pull this off.

My wife wakes up and sees the mad scientist at work in the kitchen. I am sure she is thinking "How big of a mess is he going to make this time....." I know she is thinking this, I accept that, but this is cooking! cooking for my true love!!...things are going to get messy!

Everything, is going so well, she has no idea what the final product is going to be, I pull out the waffle iron and find a flat empty space on the stove to set it, pour in the Savoury herb waffle mix...shut the hatch! This is going to be so Good!!!!!!!

Trying to distract my wife from the surprise, as well as saying good morning to our 6 month old precious daughter, I get a little side tracked while waiting for the waffles....but its cool...everything is ready...just have to put it together......whats that smell.....smells like plastic burning..... Whats that poping sound....the waffle iron... The Waffle iron?.....THE WAFFLE IRON IS MELTING!!!!

In my haste I had put the electric waffle iron on an active burner of the flat top stove....

BUT.....I grabbed the iron off the stove and put it on a cutting board... wiped up the melted plastic and got all the food away from the noxious fumes...put the exhaust fan on high....

Whewww...... disaster averted....breakfast is served.

Annnnnd...... The Eggs Benedict was delicious!

That is my long winded story about how I almost ruined breakfast this morning.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Paleo Eggs Benedict Disaster Averted! Rss Feed