General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Course : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2013-06-22 1:55 PM
in reply to: cynner

User image

Regular
Libertyville, IL
Subject: RE: Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Course : Official Thread
Thanks Cyndi!

Here's the bigger question now - sleeveless or sleeved wetsuit? I've only ever raced in my sleeveless before, but mostly in warmer water, usually 75-78 degrees. Although perfectly comfortable with no wetsuit at 69-70, I bought the sleeved wetsuit for the HIM Racine which will probably be in <70 degrees water. I'm thinking I'd like the practice in the sleeved wetsuit, but also don't want to cook myself. Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations? What are you wearing and why?

2013-06-22 2:02 PM
in reply to: cynner

Chicago
Subject: RE: Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Course : Official Thread
Highway C is the same thing as Wilmot, right? (Basically the road under the interstate?) Did he say how that would work with the open-to-traffic?

I'm guessing that 1400 is total for all the races? Looking at results the last couple years there have been about 600-700 people in the Oly. But still, if I'm adding the totals from last year correctly that's a couple hundred more people.
2013-06-22 2:03 PM
in reply to: rdietz

User image

New user
Kenosha
Originally posted by rdietz

Thanks Cyndi!

Here's the bigger question now - sleeveless or sleeved wetsuit? I've only ever raced in my sleeveless before, but mostly in warmer water, usually 75-78 degrees. Although perfectly comfortable with no wetsuit at 69-70, I bought the sleeved wetsuit for the HIM Racine which will probably be in <70 degrees water. I'm thinking I'd like the practice in the sleeved wetsuit, but also don't want to cook myself. Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations? What are you wearing and why?

Gordon_mom and I swam in our long-sleeve on Thursday evening. WAY TOO WARM!!! We are going with the sleeveless tomorrow. Keep in mind, it's going to be a warm day tomorrow, so the cooler you stay in the water...the better. The only time I've used my long-sleeve was Racine several years ago when the water was in the 50's (so that's my gauge).

Hope that helps!!!

Cyndi
2013-06-22 2:06 PM
in reply to: rdietz

Chicago
Originally posted by rdietz

Thanks Cyndi!

I'll be in a full...same boat as you, practicing for other races. I don't have a sleeveless so my other choice is without. But I'm planning on wearing.
2013-06-22 3:09 PM
in reply to: NewfangledDad

User image

Germantown
Does anyone know what they supply for run course nutrition? I can't find anything on the website. IM Perform? Gatorade? I have a fuel belt that I could bring but not sure its necessary for an olympic distance...
2013-06-22 5:01 PM
in reply to: etasker

User image

Wisconsin

Yes the race talk said they have 5 aid stations on the run and Gatorade and water at most but some are only water. One aid on the bike that is not bottle hand off station so you have to pull in to fill up and he didn't say what they had their but my guess would be both.

Good luck everyone. Stay safe and have fun!
Amy

2013-06-22 5:01 PM
in reply to: etasker

User image

Wisconsin

Yes the race talk said they have 5 aid stations on the run and Gatorade and water at most but some are only water. One aid on the bike that is not bottle hand off station so you have to pull in to fill up and he didn't say what they had their but my guess would be both.

Good luck everyone. Stay safe and have fun!
Amy
2013-06-25 9:18 AM
in reply to: gordon_mom

User image

Wisconsin
Hope everyone had a great time on Sunday. It was so nice to get to meet several of you and will see many of you in Racine in a few weeks!
2013-06-25 9:32 AM
in reply to: gordon_mom

Chicago
Define "great." lol I had fun, but definitely had a rough day on both the swim and run. Saw you guys as I went by at the finish...thanks for the cheering! I needed it. Sorry I couldn't make it back to say hi. My kids had an epic meltdown apparently, so when I got back to the car it was just time to go.
2013-06-25 9:36 AM
in reply to: NewfangledDad

User image

Wisconsin
You crossed the finishline Kyle so it was great! I saw you at one point on the run but was so hot I thought maybe I was seeing things. Glad we stuck around to make sure I wasn't! You looked really strong coming into the finish too! Sorry the kids had a meltdown, the heat got to everyone apparently. Nice race Kyle!!! Only 25 days until Racine- sorry had to say it!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Course : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 5