General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Course : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2013-06-16 9:31 PM
in reply to: cynner

Chicago
Subject: RE: Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Course : Official Thread
Just a heads up, the swim waves are on the race website...they had the sheet at the Chicagoland packet pickup yesterday so I was keeping an eye out for it.

2013-06-17 10:56 AM
in reply to: NewfangledDad

User image

Expert
Menomonee Falls, WI
Subject: RE: Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Course : Official Thread
I just got an email from PP saying they still have openings in both the sprint and International races. It's my first tri of 2013, so I am really looking forward to it. It should be a good time & hope to see some of you out there!
2013-06-17 7:48 PM
in reply to: sbsmann

User image

New user
Kenosha
Gordon_mom and I met up with one of the race organizers tonight on the trail portion of the run. They are putting down crushed limestone for race day. We walked the dogs on it tonight. It looks good! No more stones and pebbles!!!

Cynner
2013-06-17 9:15 PM

Chicago
I was quietly hoping you were going to say they paved the frontage road...but I'll take the trail! lol
2013-06-17 9:30 PM

User image

New user
Kenosha
Lol!! Sorry, no such luck!
2013-06-18 7:55 AM

User image

Master
Elgin, IL
Do we hit the frontage road first before doing the sprint course on the bike? Also, are there 1 or 2 aid stations on the bike? Website says both. Are they bottle handoffs? Any idea what they have? Water? Gatorade?

2013-06-18 7:59 AM

User image

Master
Elgin, IL
Yeh, not happy about waves ... I am in the last one before relays, argh
2013-06-18 8:02 AM
in reply to: carrie639

User image

Germantown
Any chance that anyone is doing the Tuesday night swim tonight? Looking forward to getting in another OWS before Sunday.
2013-06-18 8:42 AM
in reply to: etasker

User image

New user
Kenosha
Not doing tonight's swim, but there's another one on Thursday at 6:00 p.m. that Gordon_mom and I will be at. Looks like the weather will be a little nicer that day.

Cyndi
2013-06-18 8:53 AM

User image

New user
Kenosha
Originally posted by carrie639

Do we hit the frontage road first before doing the sprint course on the bike? Also, are there 1 or 2 aid stations on the bike? Website says both. Are they bottle handoffs? Any idea what they have? Water? Gatorade?

Carrie,

Yes, we hit the frontage road about 1.5 miles in to the bike route. So we'll head west on 165, then turn right (north) on the frontage road. This is the section that is not pretty! Probably the worst stretch that we ride in the area. Now...having said that, it's only about 1/3 mile that's a mess, but we then come back on that same stretch before turning east back on to 165. I believe there's only one aid station on the bike. If I remember correctly (someone tell me if I'm wrong), they are not bottle hand-offs. They will have water for sure. And I believe they have Gatorade.

The aid station (again if I remember correctly), is located at the corner of ML and 39th avenue.

Hope that helps.

Cyndi
2013-06-18 9:28 AM

User image

Wisconsin
I'm with you in that last wave Carrie. In my constant attempt to find the bright side of things... there will be less people on the west side of the bike course when we get out there???? Sorry, that's all I could come up given our late placing in the waves

One additional thing to add to what the race coordinator said last night was that if the crushed stone doesn't get packed down enough this week with foot traffic or rain, they will hose it down to keep it compact for any paratriathletes in wheelchairs. She had one out there last night to try it and they got stuck so just a little bit more work to do and they should be all set. Oh and after you leave the path and head back on the road, the map makes it look like it's a short distance and you turn around- not the case. You will actually run in the road all the way back to the where the road comes in off of 165 (hope that makes sense) so basically the entire road back. Not that it matters but wanted people to know so they don't keep wondering where the turn about it is.
Have fun!!
Amy

2013-06-18 11:10 AM
in reply to: gordon_mom

Chicago
Originally posted by gordon_mom

I'm with you in that last wave Carrie. In my constant attempt to find the bright side of things... there will be less people on the west side of the bike course when we get out there???? Sorry, that's all I could come up given our late placing in the waves

One additional thing to add to what the race coordinator said last night was that if the crushed stone doesn't get packed down enough this week with foot traffic or rain, they will hose it down to keep it compact for any paratriathletes in wheelchairs. She had one out there last night to try it and they got stuck so just a little bit more work to do and they should be all set. Oh and after you leave the path and head back on the road, the map makes it look like it's a short distance and you turn around- not the case. You will actually run in the road all the way back to the where the road comes in off of 165 (hope that makes sense) so basically the entire road back. Not that it matters but wanted people to know so they don't keep wondering where the turn about it is.
Have fun!!
Amy

My interpretation of those tiny little arrows had been that leaving T2 we use the path (going past where the trail entrance is), turnaround to use the road all the way to near the entrance at 165...turnaround in the road then back to the trail, then basically after you leave the trail you continue around the lake to the finish?

Re: waves, so I shouldn't complain about being 4th wave overall? lol I'd rather watch a few groups in the water first, but at least I don't have to sit for 50 minutes. Not sure that would be good for my pre-race nerves either.
2013-06-18 11:55 AM

User image

Wisconsin
You've got it Kyle! Clear but yet so fuzzy Just keep running I guess is the plan but thought it was helpful to know we run on the road much farther than at least I had otherwise thought.
Yes sitting around waiting is not the best on nerves for sure. Transition closes at 6 so my 7:19 wave is so not appealing. Oh well, can't change it so have to roll with it.
2013-06-21 4:50 PM
in reply to: gordon_mom

User image

New user
Kenosha
Time to check in with name, bib #, wave start and who's bringing beer!

Here we go:
Cyndi
Bib # - 332
Wave - 8, 6:58
Bringing beer!
2013-06-21 4:56 PM

User image

Germantown
Woohoo!

Here we go:
Erik
Bib # - 64
Wave - 3, (Very EARLY am)

Going to be an early morning sunday!
2013-06-21 5:40 PM

Chicago
# 88
Wave 4
No beer here, sorry. :-( It's all I can do to remember to bring my goggles my first race. lol

Everybody have a great race!

--Kyle

2013-06-21 9:16 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Menomonee Falls, WI
# ?? - Where do I find my bib#??
Wave 12 - 7:10
I'm always up for a post tri beer!

Enjoy the day everyone and have a great race!

-- Scott

Edited by sbsmann 2013-06-21 9:17 PM
2013-06-21 9:17 PM
in reply to: etasker

User image

New user
Kenosha
Wow! Early start is right! Good luck to you!!!
2013-06-21 9:20 PM
in reply to: sbsmann

User image

New user
Kenosha
I believe bib # were posted online today. Glad to hear you recover with beer!
2013-06-21 9:22 PM

User image

New user
Kenosha
Originally posted by NewfangledDad

# 88
Wave 4
No beer here, sorry. :-( It's all I can do to remember to bring my goggles my first race. lol

Everybody have a great race!

--Kyle

Kyle you'll do great! Just don't get ahead of yourself and everything will fall in to place.

Cyndi
2013-06-22 10:03 AM

User image

Expert
Chicago
Any advice on whether the on-site parking fills up? I would like to check my bike today because I'm going to be cutting it close tomorrow morning (I needed to get a babysitter to come really early in the morning since my wife is out of the country). If the on-site parking is full, it sounds like I would need to ride over from the outlets (in which case I won't check my bike).

2013-06-22 10:12 AM
in reply to: Ershk

User image

Regular
Libertyville, IL
Last year I showed up at 5:30am and got one of the last on site parking spots. This year I am going to try and get there by 5:00am although I'll have my bike with me anyway.
2013-06-22 12:00 PM
in reply to: #4587945

User image

Expert
Chicago
Ryan, thanks for the info on parking. good to know!!
2013-06-22 1:36 PM
in reply to: Ershk

User image

Regular
Libertyville, IL
Did anyone attend the course talk? And if so, was there any mention of the current Lake Andrea water temperature?
2013-06-22 1:40 PM
in reply to: rdietz

User image

New user
Kenosha
According the the race talk guy, the temps are between 71-73.

East and west frontage roads are closed but highway c is not.

There's about 1400 registered so if you are racking in the morning leave yourself enough time.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pleasant Prairie Triathlon - International Course : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 5