General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Rev3 Cedar Point - Full Rev : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-05-02 4:13 PM
in reply to: #4588237

User image

New user
Fayetteville
Subject: RE: Rev3 Cedar Point - Full Rev : Official Thread

Training week 2 of 20 and all is well, so far. Hows everyones training going? Is there a facebook group page for this race yet?

Edited by ncpistol 2013-05-02 4:14 PM

2013-05-06 2:18 PM

User image

Regular
Akron
I don't think they had a fb page last year. I don't recall seeing a group, but I could be wrong. Training is good! Knocked out my first Century Saturday in the hellish winds! ughh
2013-05-14 3:27 PM

User image

Regular
Akron
IS There discounted Cedar Point tickets when you register for this race?
2013-05-14 4:21 PM

User image

New user
Fayetteville

The web site said: Park tickets are NOT included in the price of entry.  Discounted tickets will be available for athletes and their families.

It doesnt say much more about it.

2013-05-15 8:37 AM

User image

Regular
Akron

You people are quiet! lol. Our forum for IMLP was always hopping and exciting last year! Let's rev it up!

Curious to where everyone is in their training plans right now. What is the longest swim, run or bike you have done to this date? How many hours are you training? Last year I swam 3 times a week when training for IMLP, but I can only seem to get in the pool twice a week this year. I feel like I need to pick it up, but would rather focus much more on the run and/or bike. I don't think my swim is going to get much faster anyhow.

2013-05-15 4:34 PM

User image

New user
Fayetteville

Last year I swam twice a week and it ended up fine. As long as I get at least two in a week Ill be happy. Maria and I are in week 4 of the BT ironman plan. So far its been about getting the workouts in but next week we start the build. My longest bike so far has only been 50 miles, but that all changes next week. Im concerned that the bike leg of the race will be my toughest one yet. Beach to Battleship and IMFL were both pancake flat. I see hills in my future.

2013-05-31 1:33 PM
in reply to: ncpistol

User image

Regular
Akron
Finally figured out how to get back here. I did the half last year and it's really flat. There was one slight climb that was prob just under a half mile. Nothing to tear you apart though. I think I'm just going to stick to 2 swims a week. Thank the lord it's OWS season. I don't think I'm going back to the pool. EWWWW, I hate it there! Lake all the way, baby!!!
2013-06-01 11:41 AM
in reply to: SEADOCHA

Extreme Veteran
NE Ohio
Did this race last year and really enjoyed it. Broke my collarbone right afterward and have been on the DL since. Living vacariously through you guys.

I will say to your point on the bike, the course isn't hilly, but right after that half mile climb and back down, there is a 7-8 mile false flat on the back side of the course that you have to do twice that does take some juice out of you. There are also some semi-deciving climbs through the middle part of the course before you hit Berlin heights that can drain you a bit.

Cleveland Triathlon Club usually does two course preview rides; one in July and on in August. Usually attracts 50+ riders easy. There are riders of differing skill level as well, and groups for each. You can do one loop for about 60 miles or keep going and do 100m. It;s a great training day. They do a swim in the lake before hand, and then head out for the ride. Recommend if you can do it.

2013-06-05 7:15 AM
in reply to: Bnclev

User image

New user
Fayetteville

Looking at the elevation gain for the bike and it says to be 1411 feet, which won't be too bad. It also says to expect wind to be a factor. I wonder what they consider to be a factor? Living out in NC I wont be able to make any of the preview rides.

Training is going smoothly. Im in week 7 (of 20) which is 4 swims 4 runs and 3 bikes. Ill do 4 bikes, 4 runs, and 2 swims, and 2 core/strength. Next week is recovery week, whew hew. I regret not being in better shape when I started the plan. Luckily Im not feeling any major injury related issues.

New BT takes some getting used too but its not bad at all.

2013-06-12 6:34 PM

User image

Veteran
Im in!
This wll be my 2nd ironman. I did lake placid last year with seadocha! Hi seadocha!
I wasnt gonna race this year causewe just had a baby but my wife aloowed me since shes home all day!
I cant wait! After syracuse im gonnafocus on this race!
2013-07-08 10:01 AM
in reply to: SEADOCHA

User image

Veteran
Come join CTC on August 17, 2013 at Sawmill Creek Resort in Huron, OH for a fun day of swimming, riding and getting prepped for Rev3 Full and Half Distance Triathlon! If you are prepping for Rev3, or any other upcoming races, come and be a part of this awesome day!

We will start the day with an open water swim clinic hosted by Liquid Lifestyle Swimming. An A, B, C group ride will follow with a choice of 56 or 100 miles. The ride will take place on much of the actual Rev3 course. The C group is a "no drop" ride. We will have an aid station set up with additional nutrition, snacks and water but be prepared with your own supplies as well. There will be a short run course for all who need to brick after a great ride.

We will host a Q and A session with Rev3 RD Eric Opdyke on hand to answer any questions you might have about the Rev3 events.

Please RSVP to [email protected] if you will be attending! This is critical for us to make sure we get enough Fig Newtons at the Aid Station!

Schedule of Events:
7:00-7:30 Register
8:00- 8:45 Open Water Swim Clinic hosted by Liquid Lifestyle
9:15- 3:00 56 or 100 mile Group Ride with A (23+ mph), B (18-22 mph) and C (16-18 mph, no drop) groups
2:00-4:00 Q and A in Black Bear Saloon

This event is FREE!!!!

2013-07-21 10:14 AM
in reply to: kenb321

User image

Veteran
Hilliard, OH
I can't believe the race is only 7 weeks away. I am beginning to get very nervous. I think I have been training for this race for almost a year. I am heading the Preview Day on the 17th. I have a 5 hour bike ride today (well it was supposed to be yesterday but it rained all day). Crazy full week this week and going to try and squeeze in the Ohio State Fair. I'm sure fried fair food is great training nutrition! Ha!
2013-07-28 4:33 PM
in reply to: mkennedy0525

User image

New user
Fayetteville
I watched the bike route video and it looks like the causeway is one big hazard. Does anyone know if they repaved it? Training is going good. I did my 5 hour bike today on hills. I think the total gain at Cedar Point is 1400 feet so today's 2900 made me feel good.
2013-08-23 10:18 AM

User image

Veteran
Hilliard, OH
Thanks CTC for a great event. The swim clinic was awesome. I had not learned to dolphin dive so the advice and education was great. I also learned a more efficient way to buoy turn.

It feels great now that I have done the bike route. I know what to expect and when to push and when to just hang on. Thanks to everyone who put this together. A HUGE thank you to the wonderful women with the ice cold water and cookies! It got warm out there and being able to fill my bottles with cold water was FANTASTIC!

Road conditions were great. We did not ride on the causeway so I don't know about those. Many people say the course is flat. I guess that all depends on where you train. Since Iive in Columbus, OH where it is about as flat as it can be, I would say there are some rollers. And if the wind joins us (like it did last weekend), it can get tough. Just be prepared!

16 more days! We can do this!! Right?
2013-09-01 7:46 AM
in reply to: mkennedy0525

User image

New user
Fayetteville
Finally, the athlete guide is up. I have been training on hills so I thiink Ill be ok on the bike. The wind factor is what gets me though, kills my mojo.
2013-09-01 11:11 AM

User image

Regular
Pittsburgh
Wind is my nemesis too....just gotta try to stay mentally strong and hope that we get blessed with some tailwinds too!

Anyone know if they posted our numbers yet? I couldn't find it on the website.

1 WEEK TO GO! AHHHH!

2013-09-02 5:22 AM
in reply to: sbux87

User image

Regular
Fort Myers, FL
Did anyone else notice that they did not list cola in the aid stations? I use cola on the run and may need to look for an alternative.
2013-09-02 3:03 PM
in reply to: Miker1818

User image

New user
Fayetteville

I noticed no colas. I like a couple swigs on the run to calm my stomach. I REALLY like the chicken broth. When I buy it at the store It doesn't taste near that good . Good luck finding the bib numbers. I cant even find the participant list. Thats probably more me than them though. I think I'm ready for this thing. My only concern is what the swim conditions will be, but whatever they are we all will get through it.

2013-09-02 7:09 PM

User image

Regular
Pittsburgh
oh nooooooooo!!! I was counting on coke for the run! NOOOOOO! shoot. I guess I can put a bottle in special needs? Maybe I'll carry a handheld for the race. I never do for races but I do carry water with me for training runs so I am used to using a handheld bottle....Not thrilled with carrying it for 26 miles though. It's amazing how heavy 20 ounces can feel when you're tired. Grr...I know I sound like an addict here but seriously, I need it!
2013-09-02 11:16 PM
in reply to: sbux87

User image

Expert
C-bus
Cola is listed on page 14 of the athlete guide. Just checked it.

2013-09-04 11:19 AM
in reply to: sungirl919

User image

Regular
Pittsburgh
Originally posted by sungirl919

Cola is listed on page 14 of the athlete guide. Just checked it.

WHEW! Thank you

New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Rev3 Cedar Point - Full Rev : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 2