General Discussion Race Reports! » 26.2 with Donna - Marathon to Fight Breast Cancer Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

26.2 with Donna - Marathon to Fight Breast Cancer - RunMarathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
United States
26.2 with Donna
36F / 2C
Sunny
Total Time = 3h 25m 35s
Overall Rank = 58/1556
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 11/54
Pre-race routine:

Up at 3:45 am. Bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee. Drove the 40 minutes to the TPC Sawgrass race start. Got there really early to avoid the road closures.
Event warmup:

Ran back and forth to the port-o-potties from my warm car. Did some stretching in the corals waiting for the start that was delayed 30 minutes
Run
  • 3h 25m 35s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 07m 51s  min/mile
Comments:

My plan was 10 miles at 7:50-55, 10 miles at 7:40-45, and a 10k with everything I had left. I destroyed my plan during the first 10 miles. I kept telling myself to slow down but my brain and legs weren't cooperating with each other. I held it together until mile 22 then the times really started slipping.
What would you do differently?:

Execute my plan correctly.
Post race
Warm down:

Lots of stretching. Walked to the runners village to get my checked bags then met with the rest of family to watch my dad finish.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Myself. I had a well thought out plan with a realistic goal and got too excited to early. Need to learn to follow the plan on raceday

Event comments:

The race start was much better organized than last year with the new start location. The start was delayed 30 minutes.

Last updated: 2012-12-02 12:00 AM
Running
03:25:35 | 26.2 miles | 07m 51s  min/mile
Age Group: 11/54
Overall: 58/1556
Performance: Good
Course: Fun run through the beaches in Jacksonville. The new start site at TPC Sawgrass was nice because I knew I'd only have to go over the intercoastal bridges once. It was a pretty breezy morning so heading north (especially the 2.5 miles on the beach) was really pretty tough.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2013-02-18 1:40 PM

User image

Expert
Fernandina Beach, FL
Subject: 26.2 with Donna - Marathon to Fight Breast Cancer

2013-02-20 3:55 PM
in reply to: #4627065

User image

Florida
Subject: RE: 26.2 with Donna - Marathon to Fight Breast Cancer
Congrats to you on a great marathon time!!!  I think I've seen you post you are going to HITS but are doing Oly instead of the Half?  (I think you should/could do the half!)
2013-02-20 8:56 PM
in reply to: #4627065

User image

Expert
Fernandina Beach, FL
Subject: RE: 26.2 with Donna - Marathon to Fight Breast Cancer
Thanks! This being my second marathon I wasn't really sure what to expect. I recovered a lot better than last year (I was better trained this year) I could do the half but am happy doing just the OLY as I really only ran the last 3 months. Need to start hitting the bike and swim. Running the river run in a couple weeks too
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 26.2 with Donna - Marathon to Fight Breast Cancer Rss Feed