Start to Finish
29C / 84F
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 45m 52s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 50-54
Age Group Rank = 6/6
Pre-race routine:

Left it to the last second to get out of bed. I'm not used to the silly time you have to get up for these silly races.
I just kept saying to myself "Why on earth do I seem to want to do these things?"
Made myself a coffee and got my Gen UCAN protein drink ready. I can't eat this early so this would have to do.
I'm not sure if eating may have benefited my performance as my times were about what I expected with my current level of fitness.

Event warmup:

I struggled to find a carparks by the time I got there so y warm up was rushing to registration and hurriedly checking the bike into transition. Had to make a loo stop.
Spent a good amount of this rushing time chatting to my two good friends who made me do this race. I had to be be careful setting up my bike as last time I chatted to Sue I forgot to put my bike shoes out and had to run back to the bag clumped partway throughout he race to retrieve them...funny at the time.
Swim
  • 20m 12s
  • 750 meters
  • 02m 41s / 100 meters
What would you do differently?:

Nothing under the circumstance. Swam as well as my training dictated. Definitely went as well as I could.
Transition 1
  • 03m 18s
Comments:

This would have to be the worst transition of any race. The run from the beach is long and uphill. But I managed a slow trot up the hill. I thought I would have to walk most of this so I was pretty happy with that.

Be fitter.
Bike
  • 47m 45s
  • 20 kms
  • 25.13 km/hr
Comments:

I am slow on the bike so I am working on that. Have quite a way to go but today's performance was solid and consistent for me. I did drop my chain and the darn thing got tangled around my pedal so that didn't help. Luckily a nice official gave me a hand(yes outside assistance but it was pretty clear I was not going to steal a podium posi). I had just passed a couple of girls when it happened and they got the chance to pass me right bak...doh!
My back was aching by this stage and I realized exactly how much condition I have lost.
But while I was hating it I was also already trying to work out how I am going to improve. :-)

Just keep doing what I am doing. Keep training and I will get there.
Transition 2
  • 02m 31s

Maybe have elastic laces but I didn't struggle witht he lace and my feet felt good for the run so ...meh.
Run
  • 32m 4s
  • 5 kms
  • 06m 25s  min/km
Comments:

For how my running has been over the last year I am not unhappy with this. I consciously programmed walk breaks into this as I don't wan to undo all the work I have done over the last couple of months. My run has slowed down so much that it is hard to know that this was an all out effort. But it was and I'm ok with it...if I keep my progress gentle and consistent I should be able to get it back...

Nothing.
Post race
Warm down:

Brunch with some terrific friend and made sure I took some Magnesium as soon as I got home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My year last year really impacted on my ability to perform physically. I was sure I had chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia. My ability to train was next to nothing and I certainly could not recover from any training that I did do. Things are Turning around now and I am really looking forward to where I might go.

Last updated: 2013-01-26 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:20:12 | 750 meters | 02m 41s / 100meters
Age Group: 5/6
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
A little slower than I expected but in hindsight I have not swim that much s I guess I got the time I deserved. We swam out forever to the first buoy and I didn't have to site as the girl next to me basically swim with her head up the whole time so I was pretty confident that she had us going in the right direction. I was going at a pretty good pace on the way out so she was doing really well to swim that fast with her head out of the water. I lost her at the first buoy so had to struggle on,on my own .i started to tire big time on after we heade back to the beach. My lack of training and endurance really started to show. I was seriously puffed by the time I found my feet at the shore
Suit: Blue seventy
Course: Almost an out and back. There was only a very short section that went parallel to the shore.
Start type: Wade Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 03:18
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: