General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Brett Robinson Alabama Coastal Intermediate Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-02-24 7:25 PM

New user

Safety Harbor FL
Subject: Brett Robinson Alabama Coastal Intermediate Triathlon : Official Thread
I'll be moving to Mobile Alabama from Clearwater Florida in August. Even though I just started using this site I've been doing triathlons for two years now. Anybody done this event or planning on doing this event in 2013? Any local Triathlon Clubs in Mobile?

2013-02-25 7:50 AM
in reply to: #4635248

User image

Master
South Alabama
Subject: RE: Brett Robinson Alabama Coastal Intermediate Triathlon : Official Thread

Hey-there are two local clubs. Gulf Coast Area Triathletes and Lower Alabama Multisports (more Baldwin County which is right across Mobile Bay from Mobile). Pretty active area along the Coast with races and training groups. Also, there is another club in the Biloxi/Gulfport Miss. area called the Ticking Tri Bombs. Welcome to the area. Feel free to message me if you need more info.

The Coastal races, olympic and super sprint, in September are always popular. Almost always brutally hot though. Fun event with good after party at The Hangout on the beach. Another good race in early October is the Santa Rosa Island Sprint on Pensacola Beach.  Both events are well done and alot of fun

Edited by slornow 2013-02-25 7:53 AM
2013-02-26 1:00 PM
in reply to: #4635648

New user

Safety Harbor FL
Subject: RE: Brett Robinson Alabama Coastal Intermediate Triathlon : Official Thread

Randy,

Thanks for the information! I'll be signing up for this race and joining one of those tri clubs after we get settled into Mobile.

Dave

2013-03-02 3:32 PM

User image

It's a great race, would definitely recommend it. Well organized, great location, good course. I need more hills in a bike course to do well, but if you like a flat course you won't find a much flatter one than the Brett Robinson. I'd like to race it again this year as well if my schedule works out right. 

2013-03-29 3:10 PM

I have heard great things about the race as well. Another local sprint is June's Grandman Tri in Fairhope, across the bay from Mobile - scenary is amazing. Lots of events in Alabama/GA/MS/LA/northern FL - all within a few hours driving distance of Mobile. Re clubs, Team Works Community is one based out of Fairhope. They are year round (with tri's during the season/running focus during off season), lots of weekly regular group workouts, do mock tri's, monthly social meetings, and the LAMS coach is the main coach for TWC. There is every level member - total beginners to sprinters to half/full IM. Here's the link - hope that helps too!

http://fairhopetriathlete.com/

2013-03-31 1:56 PM

New user

Safety Harbor FL
Thanks for the link! I'll check into them after we get settled in!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Brett Robinson Alabama Coastal Intermediate Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed