General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Stiffness during and after running Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-02-28 7:11 PM

Veteran
Liberty Lake, WA
Subject: Stiffness during and after running

I had a quick question and wanted to get some feedback. When I do just about every activity other than running I stay loose throughout the exercise and feel loose / great afterwards - especially with cycling. When I cycle, after I warm up I am good to go for the rest of the workout.

When I run, however, I get stiff during the run and after the run I feel relatively more stiff than when I do other activities. It does not really happen when I do activities that require me to run (basketball, flag football etc). There is something about the constant and consistent running motion that makes me stiff. Do other people experience stiffness when running?

(my logs arnt quite accurate because I have been using TP)

2013-02-28 8:29 PM
in reply to: #4641190

User image

Subject: RE: Stiffness during and after running
Do you run outside?  I feel stiff if I run in the cold for a long time.
2013-02-28 9:12 PM
in reply to: #4641190

User image

Regular
Pueblo, Colorado
Subject: RE: Stiffness during and after running

When running long distance, your body takes quite a pounding compared to other sports like cycling, swimming, etc.  As for sports that require running there's quite a bit of stopping and starting in those.  That may be the reason that you don't feel the effects as much?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Stiffness during and after running Rss Feed