Other Resources Challenge Me! » March Challenge (Pick your goals!) Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2013-03-19 7:07 AM
in reply to: #4665504

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Subject: RE: March Challenge (Pick your goals!)
peto_primo - 2013-03-19 1:15 AM
ceilidh - 2013-03-18 2:42 PM
peto_primo - 2013-03-18 4:20 PM
ceilidh - 2013-03-18 2:18 PM
peto_primo - 2013-03-18 2:26 PM

Hey I wonder if this works

ANTI- TASER SUIT !

You can be CERTAIN to defeat the TASER if you WEAR a fine wire mesh- again like metal window screen, or copper mesh, incorporated into your clothing- pant legs, chest, shirt sleeves ! Wear this wire mesh as if it were mosquito netting, experiment wearing beneath clothing or as outer layer.

I vote you try it out first!

I don't know, the thought of something that is conductive just doesn't seem right, unless it is to fine for the "electrodes" to latch onto.

I think I will just try to do my training instead. However, if you try it. PLEASE, PLEASE post a video

How about this instead

Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that sparked my interest. The occasion was our anniversary and I was looking for a little something extra for my wife. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized taser. The effects of the taser were supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on an assailant, but allowing adequate time to retreat to safety.... WAY TOO COOL!

Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. I loaded two triple-a batteries into the thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button AND pressed it against a metal surface at the same time, I'd get a blue arch of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs. Awesome!!! Unfortunately, I have yet to explain what that burn spot is on the face of the microwave.

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two triple-a batteries, right?!!! There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target. I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie for a fraction of a second, but thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I wanted some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong?

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, taser in another. The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant. A two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control, and a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water. Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries. All the while, I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5" long and less than 3/4 inch in circumference. Pretty cute, really, and loaded with two itsy, bitsy triple-a batteries. I'm thinking to myself, "No possible way!"

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best.....

I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one side as to say, "Don't do it master!" reasoning that a one-second burst from such a tiny little ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad...

I decided to give myself a one-second burst just for the heck of it. I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and HOLY MOTHER, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION@!@$$!%!@*!!!

I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs. The cat was standing over me making meowing sounds I had never heard before, licking my face, undoubtedly thinking, "Do it again, do it again!"

Note: If you ever feel compelled to "mug" yourself with a taser, one note of caution: There is no such thing as a one-second burst when you zap yourself. You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor. A three second burst would be considered conservative.

&*$@$^#^!!!... That hurt like hell!!! A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace. How did they get up get there??? My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. 

Maybe I will just get more serious about dropping the weight!!!

That made my morning. Though, the cat NEVER said the word "master".!

2013-03-19 9:29 PM
in reply to: #4665504

User image

Master
Santa Clarita
peto_primo - 2013-03-18 10:15 PM

ceilidh - 2013-03-18 2:42 PM

ANTI- TASER SUIT !

You can be CERTAIN to defeat the TASER if you WEAR a fine wire mesh- again like metal window screen, or copper mesh, incorporated into your clothing- pant legs, chest, shirt sleeves ! Wear this wire mesh as if it were mosquito netting, experiment wearing beneath clothing or as outer layer.

I don't know, the thought of something that is conductive just doesn't seem right, unless it is to fine for the "electrodes" to latch onto.

I think I will just try to do my training instead. However, if you try it. PLEASE, PLEASE post a video

How about this instead

Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that sparked my interest. The occasion was our anniversary and I was looking for a little something extra for my wife. What I came across was a 100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized taser. The effects of the taser were supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on an assailant, but allowing adequate time to retreat to safety.... WAY TOO COOL!

Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. I loaded two triple-a batteries into the thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button AND pressed it against a metal surface at the same time, I'd get a blue arch of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs. Awesome!!! Unfortunately, I have yet to explain what that burn spot is on the face of the microwave.

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two triple-a batteries, right?!!! There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target. I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie for a fraction of a second, but thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I wanted some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong?

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, taser in another. The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant. A two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control, and a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water. Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries. All the while, I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5" long and less than 3/4 inch in circumference. Pretty cute, really, and loaded with two itsy, bitsy triple-a batteries. I'm thinking to myself, "No possible way!"

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best.....

I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one side as to say, "Don't do it master!" reasoning that a one-second burst from such a tiny little ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad...

I decided to give myself a one-second burst just for the heck of it. I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and HOLY MOTHER, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION@!@$$!%!@*!!!

I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs. The cat was standing over me making meowing sounds I had never heard before, licking my face, undoubtedly thinking, "Do it again, do it again!"

Note: If you ever feel compelled to "mug" yourself with a taser, one note of caution: There is no such thing as a one-second burst when you zap yourself. You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor. A three second burst would be considered conservative.

&*$@$^#^!!!... That hurt like hell!!! A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace. How did they get up get there??? My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. 

Maybe I will just get more serious about dropping the weight!!!

Meow ! :/
2013-03-20 1:59 PM
in reply to: #4663311

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO

D001 - 2013-03-17 2:42 PM
peto_primo - 2013-03-16 1:46 PM If I don't start dropping weight, I am in taser danger even if the other 3 are solid!!!
Yay! A potential taser target!

Okay, if the anti-taser suit won't work - and I can't seem to get a "good" morning weigh in, I may just have to Post one of my post lunch run weigh-ins just so I can get a positive percentage Cry

2013-03-20 3:34 PM
in reply to: #4643090

User image

Champion
Bronze member

I feel your pain. The steroids I have to take are doing their number on me. 8 pounds in one week AAAACCKK!!!

The good news is I didn't put wt loss as one of my goals (Whew! Dodged that bullet tazer!)

So, I am closing in on the month, it is at 60 % and I am now at 50% of goals.

I

CAN

DO

IT!

2013-03-21 11:13 AM

User image

Master
Santa Clarita
Driving into work i was going to bag the workout but second thoughts of the TASER and my march challenge goals i thought better of it . ..........
Once i got in the water autopilot took over and my initial modest goal distance of 1600 extended to 2000 probably because it was going well and i was relaxed . Swimming during taper week always feels good and leaves my legs fresh for longest run of the year saturday.
As per usual in spring in our lane a tri club guy was working out a STORM but was barely moving forward and he was swimming continuously (tsk tsk) just repeating his shoddy mechanics over and over. Made me think of how much a swim coach can help .
2013-03-21 1:24 PM
in reply to: #4643187

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
suefesta - 2013-03-02 5:19 AM

guess I will up my goals for this month since I meet them all last month. Its just hard because I hate to fail. Also being a special education teacher I am trained to write achievable goals for my students so it would make sence I would do the same for myself.

Sue

Look at you - so on target and ahead of pace with your goals again.  Way to Go

2013-03-23 6:55 AM
in reply to: #4664910

User image

Champion
Taser-World

ANTI- TASER SUIT !

No no.... I think putting metal together with electricity is an awesome idea! As long as I'm not the one wearing it......

2013-03-23 7:00 AM
in reply to: #4671291

User image

Champion
Taser-World
I am so happy to see that fear of my taser collection is motivating all of you so well!

Oh wait.... maybe I shouldn't be happy. Who can I taser if you're all on track to meet your goals?

2013-03-23 3:35 PM

User image

Bought a new tri bike today a quintana roo lucero lite 2013. Looking forward to it coming in and the weather getting warmer. Just wish I was taller. I had to get an extra small so that means 650 wheeles.

First race is May 11 with a pool swim   Then an international distance on June 2 in Cape May NJ. For this one I will be jumping off the Cape May-Lewes Ferry and swimming a mile to shore.

Sue

2013-03-23 7:19 PM
in reply to: #4671567

User image

Master
Santa Clarita
suefesta - 2013-03-23 1:35 PM

Bought a new tri bike today a quintana roo lucero lite 2013. Looking forward to it coming in and the weather getting warmer. Just wish I was taller. I had to get an extra small so that means 650 wheeles.

First race is May 11 with a pool swim   Then an international distance on June 2 in Cape May NJ. For this one I will be jumping off the Cape May-Lewes Ferry and swimming a mile to shore.

Sue

Wow enjoy your new bike . Thats exciting . Hopefully you can get some miles in or Time in the saddle
to get confortable with .

How long is the pool swim and is the race in traditional order?
2013-03-23 7:22 PM
in reply to: #4671292

User image

Master
Santa Clarita
D001 - 2013-03-23 5:00 AM

I am so happy to see that fear of my taser collection is motivating all of you so well!

Oh wait.... maybe I shouldn't be happy. Who can I taser if you're all on track to meet your goals?

Just think that you "motivated me" to be on target with 3 of my goals now . And with still
one more weekend coming up I might finish close to 100% .

2013-03-23 7:47 PM
in reply to: #4671727

User image

it's 300 yards  --   up and down 6 lines  --  a person starts about every 25 secs. 

yes its in the tradtitional order.

Hoping to have the bike by April 18th.

Edited by suefesta 2013-03-23 7:48 PM
2013-03-24 11:25 PM

User image

Master
Santa Clarita
Nice weekend here in Socal , did a race saturday morning and a group ride sunday to get me over my Bike goal . Next up to make a go at is the swim goal . Ideal the week after .
2013-03-25 2:39 PM

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO

One week to go - where are you at against your goals - against your plan?

I missed one run, shortened another, and had a race go from a 10k (which I had planned a warmup and cool down) shortened to a 5k where I did no warm up and the cool down was just a mile.  As such, I need 22.7 miles this week to hit that goal.

Weekend weather had not been as nice as I had hoped for, so I still need 6.1 hours on the bike.

I am on target for my "strength/workout" goal, needing 2 this week.

Weightloss - well I could probably fast all week and maybe hit it.  I would just be happy to end the month at the same weight I started it at.

2013-03-25 8:49 PM
in reply to: #4673807

User image

Master
Santa Clarita
peto_primo - 2013-03-25 12:39 PM

I missed one run, shortened another, and had a race go from a 10k (which I had planned a warmup and cool down) shortened to a 5k where I did no warm up and the cool down was just a mile.  As such, I need 22.7 miles this week to hit that goal.

Weekend weather had not been as nice as I had hoped for, so I still need 6.1 hours on the bike.

I am on target for my "strength/workout" goal, needing 2 this week.

Weightloss - well I could probably fast all week and maybe hit it.  I would just be happy to end the month at the same weight I started it at.

Did you not get a huge snowstorm ? Still a full week to Hit those goals .
2013-03-25 10:51 PM
in reply to: #4674295

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
van_paulus - 2013-03-25 7:49 PM
peto_primo - 2013-03-25 12:39 PM

Weekend weather had not been as nice as I had hoped for, 

Did you not get a huge snowstorm ? Still a full week to Hit those goals .

That is why the 10k got shortened to a 5k.  We got probably about 10 inches or so (looked like a lot more on our deck) and if you were a Costa Rican soccer player it seemed like 3 feet.  

Two weeks earlier we were supposed to get 9-15, but the temps were in the mid 30's so most of it melted on contact - maybe 4-5 actually stuck on the ground.  Made for a slick Sunday morning drive though.

So, that is kind of what I was referring to as "not been as nice as I had hoped for"

Edited by peto_primo 2013-03-25 10:52 PM

2013-03-26 11:33 AM

User image

Master
Santa Clarita
That must have been epic

(usacostarica.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
usacostarica.jpg (79KB - 24 downloads)
2013-03-28 7:31 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida

I was so burned out in Feb that I did not plan to enter any challenges.  Little did I know that Dee had us at Hotel California where we could check out but we could never leave.  But it forced me to look at what I needed to do for the month and it got me started.  Because of work and two races, I won't make my strength goals but at least I hit the other goals. 

2013-03-28 10:25 PM
in reply to: #4678621

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Pink Socks - 2013-03-28 6:31 PM

I was so burned out in Feb that I did not plan to enter any challenges.  Little did I know that Dee had us at Hotel California where we could check out but we could never leave.  But it forced me to look at what I needed to do for the month and it got me started.  Because of work and two races, I won't make my strength goals but at least I hit the other goals. 

Way to go!!!

2013-03-29 12:32 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

I won't make my goals but I am okay with what I did. I had hoped to get more done this week but the hubbies surgery and being in the hospital didn't allow me to.

I guess if I was an animal I would have found a way to get it in. Anyway. Onward and upward. March was better than February and I am looking forward to April being better than March!

2013-03-29 4:46 PM

User image

Master
Santa Clarita
Pink Socks - 2013-03-28 5:31 PM

Well Done !!

2013-03-29 4:50 PM
in reply to: #4679300

User image

Master
Santa Clarita
ceilidh - 2013-03-29 10:32 AM

I won't make my goals but I am okay with what I did. I had hoped to get more done this week but the hubbies surgery and being in the hospital didn't allow me to.

I guess if I was an animal I would have found a way to get it in. Anyway. Onward and upward. March was better than February and I am looking forward to April being better than March!

Hope he recovers fully and quickly .
2013-03-29 5:23 PM

User image

New user
Hi, I have made two of my goals! I am pleased with my swim total. I won't make the run one but I will next month!
I hope....
2013-03-29 10:37 PM

User image

Champion
Will update my logs once Cali 70.3 is done tomorrow! Been S/B/R!
2013-03-30 1:05 AM

User image

Champion
Taser-World
Pink Socks - 2013-03-28 8:31 PM

Nah, I don't even let you check out.

(And now I have that song stuck in my head!)

(Maybe I should tase you for this ^^^...)

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » March Challenge (Pick your goals!) Rss Feed  

of 5