United States
28F / -2C
Precipitation
Total Time = 49m 3s
Overall Rank = 209/698
Age Group = 19-29 M
Age Group Rank = 83/166
Pre-race routine:

I had a bowl of oatmeal and started to bundle up!
Event warmup:

After the 1/2 mile walk from the parking lot to the race start, I warmed up by the bon-fire... ;) 3 minutes before my 9:30 wave start, I jogged to the start line and did a few jumping jacks/dynamic stretches.
Run
  • 49m 3s
  • 3.5 miles
  • 14m 01s  min/mile
Comments:

I ran with my wife, who was way faster than me, so I took off way too fast. I did all of the obstacles faster than her, but about died trying to keep up running... It started with a hill climb then slide down into a mud pit, then a climb back out. Then we ran, jumping a few horse fences, to a 10' high vertical wood wall with a rope to pull yourself up. Another uphill run to the National Guard challenge area where we carried 50lb sand bags around a slolom course, then army crawled under a camoflage blind. Another run and a few more horse fences to jump led us to a mud bank to slide into the creek bed. The freezing water was about waist deep. We had to climb over a few giant fallen trees, then continue through the water and on the extremely slick muddy banks for a mile and a half. A climb out of the creek bank took us to a spider web of bungee cords for about 100 yards. Leaving the bungee cords took us on another run through the fields over a pile of 100 icy tires. From the tires we ran to another slanted wood wall covered in ice to climb over before getting to a pile of cut down trees. We ran to "Mt. Rampage," where we climbed 20 feet high on a cargo net, 20 feet across a cargo net wile in the air, then another cargo net down. From there it was back into the icy creek and over the muddy rocks on the bank to climb back out to another icy wooden wall. Over the wall and a run through the field led to a crawl into a muddy pit where we had to crawl 25 yards under barbed wire. Another run to a tripple hill climb/slide into mud pits, then one last big mud hill to climb and one last mud pit to slide into then climb out of to the finish!
What would you do differently?:

Nothing really... I enjoyed running with my wife in this kind of race, and we had a great time.
Post race
Warm down:

My warm down was more of a warm up... At the finish we got our medals then ran over the the bon fire to stand for a minute. Being windy 28 degrees out and soaking wet, the fire didnt do as much as we hoped, so we ran for the truck. We jogged the half mile to the parking lot where a man was giving away hot chocolate. We both drank one and got in the truck. I turned on the heated seats and got the heat on high and drove home quickly. We got home and both got in a shower and ran the hot water heater out of water, then got in bed with a heated blanket and fell asleep.... I forgot to stretch.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The COLD!

Event comments:

Fun race, I can't wait for the one in the summer!!!

Last updated: 2013-03-03 12:00 AM
Running
00:49:03 | 03.5 miles | 14m 01s  min/mile
Age Group: 83/166
Overall: 207/698
Performance: Average
Course: The course was 3.5 miles off-road with obstacles through the KY Horse Park.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2013-03-04 4:42 AM

User image

Regular
Georgetown, KY
Subject: Extreme Rampage

2013-03-05 6:45 PM
in reply to: #4644928

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Extreme Rampage
Sounds like alot of fun Brad ... wish I could convince my wife to do a Spartan with me ...
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Extreme Rampage Rss Feed