Atlanta, Georgia
United States
Atlanta Track Club
Total Time = 1h 07m 47s
Overall Rank = /65,000
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Ate my usual oatmeal, protien drink and two vitamins. Drank a bottle of water on the way.
Event warmup:

We got there kinda late, but it was nice not having to stand around forever. We stood around, got moved to the start for about a half hour before we started running (if you could call it that). I started out with my Dad running with me. He used to run this race year after year in the 80's and 90's.
Run
  • 1h 07m 47s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 10m 56s  min/mile
Comments:

This is just a fun run. I like to do it because it is one race where there are people nearly the entire way on either side of the road cheering you on. The atmosphere is really fun. There are all types of people that do this race, ones that can't run, ones that run so so, I am sure you can imagine. There are people everywhere. The smell of the port-a-potties can make you high.
What would you do differently?:

Probably visit one of those porta-potties. I wanted to do it before the race, but we got there late and I didn't want to wait in line. Big mistake. I couldn't get in line fast enough after the race! I had to stop and walk a little just to keep my composure. The first mile or so is really tough just because there are so many people...after that it spread out a little. I got some good pics and will post them later.
Post race
Warm down:

Went to the porta potty and walked another mile or two to get to the car.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Too many people and having to go potty.

Event comments:

This is not a race for the serious runner. If you are serious, then submit your times and get in the early sections with the serious runners. This is just a tradition for the 4th to work up a sweat so we can eat whatever we like for the rest of the day. Sometimes it is nice just to do a race for fun and not be so stressed out about your finish time.

Last updated: 2006-05-18 12:00 AM
Running
01:07:47 | 06.2 miles | 10m 56s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/65,000
Performance:
Course: The course is a piece of cake. The first 3 miles are downhill. The next two are uphill...the famous 'cardiac hill' was nothing to write home about. I worked harder getting/dodging the Elvis crew and the incredible hulk.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2006-07-04 4:31 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Peachtree City, GA
Subject: Peachtree Road Race 10K

2006-07-04 5:53 PM
in reply to: #473582

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Peachtree Road Race 10K

Great run, you were awesome as always!

2006-07-05 7:31 AM

User image

Master
Virginia Beach, VA
Great race!
2006-07-09 9:02 PM

User image

Veteran
Kansas
Nice Fun Run!! I ran one with a few thousand people, I can't even imagine what the Peachtree would be like.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Peachtree Road Race 10K Rss Feed