What Do You Run For? Event Management
55F / 13C
Overcast
Total Time = 22m 2s
Overall Rank = 17/565
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 5/32
Pre-race routine:

Thought the race started at 1, so I got there at 12:30. Race actually started at 2, and packet pick-up didn't open until 1. So, being St. Patrick's Day, I walked to the nearby Flying Saucer and had two beers. Then walked over to the start around 1:30.
Run
  • 22m 2s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 05s  min/mile
Comments:

I saw a friend of a friend at the starting line, and we talked leading up to the race. I told her I planned to go slow, that I'd maybe do a 27 or 28. When the race started, I didn't know that she was fast, and decided I'd stick with her so we could keep talking for a bit. Man did she take off! 3/4 mile in I thought I was in trouble, but I kept up with her, figuring I'd start walking in the second half. Once I reached the turn-around, there was a water station and that gave me a boost of energy, so I was able to keep up with her still. At about the 2-mile mark I decide that I'm gonna race to the end, and I actually think I picked up some speed at that point and left Michelle. That last .2-ish was tough to keep running, but I managed to push through to the end. I didn't realize how fast I was going until I could see the finish line clock. My previous PR was 23:48!
What would you do differently?:

Maybe not drink before the race... Or maybe just hydrate more if I'm going to drink... Something like that.

Also, if I had actually looked at my pace on my phone, I think I would've picked it up a bit more in the last minute to try to break 22.
Post race
Warm down:

None. Waited at the finish line for Michelle to finish, she was only a minute behind me... Then went to get beer and food.

Event comments:

This company always puts on good events with a fun party-like atmosphere at the finish!

Profile Album

Last updated: 2013-03-04 12:00 AM
Running
00:22:02 | 03.11 miles | 07m 05s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/32
Overall: 17/565
Performance: Good
Course: Very flat course (for Nashville). It was a basic out-and-back up and down the two sides of music row, with a side-street detour at the end to make the distance work.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes