Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2006-07-11 7:45 PM
in reply to: #475414

User image

Pro
Virginia Beach, VA
Subject: RE: Lactate Threshold
I suppose if you want to consider max HR the ULTIMATE upper limit then I see your point.  But what do you use as max HR?  You can go out and push yourself as hard as you can, but a lot of things come into play that can impact that max value...heat, humidity, rest, hydration, motivation.  Your max on one day may be significantly different from your max on another day.  Go do a max HR run in a cool 60 degree overcast day and then do it again on a 95 degree day in the blistering sun while dehydrated and you'll certainly come up with different values.  So relating LT to something that changes based onthe conditions is kind of misleading.  But still, as an ultimate top end you're right...you can't push VO2max or LT higher than your max HR...although I'm not sure how useful that piece of info is to me for my daily training.  VO2max is a functional top end and while it can be trained and therefore may increase, I know that pushing my LT closer to VO2max means I'm closer to using 100% of my potential. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lactate Threshold Rss Feed  

of 2