Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 2h 49m 45s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 12m 58s  min/mile
Comments:

Well, I did it! 37 degrees, windy, rainy, miserable but I made it through! It was pouring when we got up, and I never did get some appropriate rain/running gear, but we made it over to the race site and just as we were parking the rain started to fizzle out. It rained lightly for the first mile, then stopped, still cool and overcast but better than pelting rain. The run was at the Charlotte Motor Speedway, we ran one whole lap of the nascar speedway, then all around the complex, down the drag strip, winding and weaving. The rain started around mile 6, just as we got to the dragstrip and it was pelting. I was quickly soaked, thank goodness for my baseball hat. There was some pretty good rolling hills and I had to walk up some because once the rain started, my muscles REALLY stiffened up. By the time I got to mile 11 I was hurting, major blister pain on one foot from the wet socks, and bad cramp in one glute. I was pretty miserable to DH at that point, but he took it in stride. More walking than I would have liked in the last two miles but I finished and got my medal, I'll try to post a pic cause it is cool and huge, with led lights and a spinner DH is a huge nascar fan and is in awe over it.

All in all, great race, cool to go around the speedway, not sure I will EVER do another race where the weather is that cold and wet! Finished in 2:49 so I have some work to do but overall I'm happy, and now, after soaking in the hot tub at the hotel, finally warm again

What would you do differently?:

Train more, practice some hills, wear a windbreaker/waterproof jacket
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

Cold, rain. The cold wet weather really caused some muscle stiffness

Event comments:

Needed more porta potties at the start and throughout the course

Last updated: 2013-01-01 12:00 AM
Running
02:49:45 | 13.1 miles | 12m 58s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/