Mays Landing, New Jersey
United States
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 18m 39s
Overall Rank = 224/364
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 8/20
Pre-race routine:

got up had 1/2 banana and water, and decided to eat a bagel with creamcheese, i never ate that much before a race, but i've been noticeing i've been sluggish at a few races i've done, and its b/c of my lack of a decent breakfast, so headed to the race with matt and john. got to the race site early, set up my transition area...
Event warmup:

my warmup was a good 15 minutes of stretching, and then just drank water and hung out and then took some time for myself.
Swim
  • 12m 13s
  • 440 yards
  • 02m 47s / 100 yards
Comments:

i felt i had a really good swim, but then the 5th wave caught up to me, and got alittle intimated by all these men (35-39 age grp)swimming past me and a few went into me. after i swam off to the side alittle bit, i got my mind back into it.
What would you do differently?:

what i would do differently is to not get so intimated by other swimmers. need to practice more with my swimming. i want to get FASTER!
Transition 1
  • 02m 42s
Comments:

as i was coming into my transition which i spotted right away, i'm just having a hard time with getting my wetsuit off from around my ankles. i know if i could get my wetsuit off faster my T1 time would of been better.
beside the wetsuit my transition felt good

what i would do differently is to practice with my wetsuit getting it off/on

Bike
  • 33m 51s
  • 10.2 miles
  • 18.08 mile/hr
Comments:

course was great, alittle hilly at some points, felt good, half way through the course took my gel pack and drank alot of water.
actually lost my bike computer approx. a 1/4 mile into the race. (i was alittle upset) i was going to stop but couldn't had alittle pack of bikers behind me.

i wouldn't do anything differently at all. i felt really good
Transition 2
  • 01m 58s
Comments:

transition was good for me.

i wouldn't do anything differently.
Run
  • 27m 55s
  • 3.2 miles
  • 08m 43s  min/mile
Comments:

b/c of my right knee i wore a strap on it (runners knee), and i took it slow for the 1st 2 miles and the knee was feeling great, so when i hit mile 2 i picked it up. and still no pain...so i saw the finish up ahead and sprinted it in.

if i knew i wasn't going to be in any pain. i would of been faster with my run. i know i could of done better with my time. so thats what i would of done different.
my run was good only because i took it in stride to what i was capable of doing at that time. and at one time i was just smiling b/c i was enjoying my run.
Post race
Warm down:

for my warmdown had some post race food and drank alot of water and just hung out.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

nothing limited me to perform any faster, when i decided to do this race it was to have fun and to just enjoy it! and i did!

Event comments:

LOVED THIS RACE ALOT! the voluteers were great and also the support from the people who live in the area were awesome! very organized also, will definelty do this race next year

Last updated: 2006-07-08 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:12:13 | 440 yards | 02m 47s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/20
Overall: 218/364
Performance: Good
Suit: sleeveless ironman stealth
Course: box shaped course that whet up and back
Start type: Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:42
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? Yes Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:33:51 | 10.2 miles | 18.08 mile/hr
Overall: 229/364
Wind: Little
Course: was alittle hilly
Road:  Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Average Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:58
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Below average
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Bad
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:27:55 | 03.2 miles | 08m 43s  min/mile
Overall: 215/364
Course: course was great loved the fact there were alot of turns in it, just ran through the town. course was flat
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-07-08 4:31 PM

User image

Veteran
South Jersey
Subject: Lake Lenape Triathlon

2006-07-08 5:26 PM
in reply to: #476693

Champion
South Jersey
Subject: RE: Lake Lenape Triathlon
Great job today. I am sorry I decided not to go to the race after deciding I'd DNS, but it just would have been too tough to watch (and I had a doc appt). I was thinking about you and cheering you on from home, though .

Not sure if this will help, but when I remove my wetsuit from each leg (down around the ankles), I have the wetsuit on the ground, step on it with one foot, and then lift the other foot right out of the leg of the wetsuit. I find that works best and I don't have to sit or hop around on one foot.

Oh, and awesome run...I am sooooooo glad your knee is doing better.

Did you ever go back and get your computer? When I did Lake Lenape last year, I dropped my water bottle like a mile into the ride. I too chose not to stop and pick it up. Apparently Lake Lenape is the Bermuda triangle of races.

Good job today. I can't wait to race it with you next year.
2006-07-08 5:38 PM
in reply to: #476715

User image

Veteran
South Jersey

thanks for the nice words and the advice...i did go back and it wasn't there, i'm going to call on monday and find out if someone picked it up and handed it in....cause apparently one of johns friends saw it on the ground as she was riding...so i'm keeping my fingers crossed...

definelty next year!!!!

2006-07-08 6:07 PM
in reply to: #476723

Champion
South Jersey
I hope someone found it; it would be a bummer to have to replace it.
2006-07-08 10:38 PM

User image

Veteran
San mateo
You are ms. Speedy!  awesome awesome awesome!!! You killed that bike with 19+mph   You don't need to stinkin' computer!!!  Great race   
2006-07-09 6:37 AM

User image

Master
Cinnaminson, NJ
great job...... very happy your knee was feeling GOOD!!!    keep working on that swimming, it will come around i promise...

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lake Lenape Triathlon Rss Feed