Lynchburg, Tennessee
United States
Mach Tenn Running Club
Total Time = 2h 32m 37s
Overall Rank = 729/1026
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 57/68
Pre-race routine:

Not much besides woke up and drove the 45 minutes to the race. Had a bananna and a bottle of OJ with 2 scoops of Peanut Butter.
Event warmup:

Stood in line for the porta john then made my way to the race start and did a little dynamic stretching but not much.
Run
  • 2h 32m 37s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 11m 39s  min/mile
Comments:

Well I started out little more to the front than I should because I got passed by tons of people but that was ok by me. The race started on the square of Lynchburg then took of towards the country. The race was ran on county roads and most were all very smooth. I typically do a 5 minute run one minute walk combo but the first several miles I just ran This could of been a slight issue bt probably not so. At about mile 2 I saw my banker and his wife so it was neat to see people out on the run I knew. I also had a pretty good conversation with a guy who had run the Rock Creek race I did a few weeks earlier as well so that help pass the time. This though was not necessary at all because it was so beautiful out I was jut caught up in the run. I made sure on some of the hills to walk up them and not burn out. We got to the first aid station at a little over 2.5 miles so I went with just water and headed on up the road. There was about 1100 people in the race so the course even at the back was full. That was a good feeling to be around that many people again in a race so it really pumped me up. At about mile 4 Whiskey hill started but the main part was only the last half mile or so and at the end it was a brutal incline. Once on the top there was a few more rollers but it was very plesant running. I was still feeling good and at mile 6 I did a hammer gel and still stuch with water. The day again was so beautiful so running around farms was just a peaceful day. At about mile 8 it started slowly going down hill. I have one toe that I could tell was beginning to get a hot spot but I kept trodding on. Mile 11 on though got pretty tough. I was still running but with a blister and a sprained big toe I could start feeling the pain. I could of ran faster probably but I did not want to risk hurting anything especially since it was double the distance of my longest run. We made a turn on the last main road and the military was coming through so seeing those big armored vehicles roll by us as we ran made me feel proud to be an american who could be out doing these things without most worries. Hit the last quarter of mile and I was ready to be done so I kicked it in and finished strong!

What would you do differently?:

Use more body glide on muy feet!
Post race
Warm down:

After I finished I found my mom and got my finishers gear which included a medal, swiftwick socks and a running hat them grabbed some food and drinks, stretched a bit, walked around the square, then headed home.

Event comments:

I highly recommend this race. They put on a excellent one with great ammenities and awesome value for the money!

Profile Album

Last updated: 2013-02-19 12:00 AM
Running
02:32:37 | 13.1 miles | 11m 39s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/68
Overall: 0/1026
Performance: Good
Course: The course was a slight rolling with two decent climbs. One is named Whiskey hill in omage to Jack Daniels which was the main sponsor.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes