General Discussion Race Reports! » Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Oxford, Ohio
United States
HFP Racing
35F / 2C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 33m 19s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = ladies 30-34
Age Group Rank = 7/12
Pre-race routine:

A little different pre-race routine, we decided to camp down at Hueston Woods the night before so went to Packet Pick-Up and grabbed some dinner at the BW3s in Oxford - good god I'm getting old because college kids are super annoying. Headed back to the campsite and hung out and drank a couple of beers with Dlaw and his buddy are not only BT friends but also Team RWB teammates. My FTP is a genius and put a blow up mattress in the back of the Subaru - admittedly it was far comfier than I thought it would be. All in all, pretty nice since we got to sleep for an extra hour, the only draw back - was waking up and having to pee outside in the freezing a** cold next to the car - Remember ladies always pee under not over - you gentlemen probably have no idea what I'm talking about but the ladies, they'll understand.
Event warmup:

Warm-up? This always consists of setting up transition and then hurrying into the pool area to get warm - the difference this time? Well HFP highlighted Team Red, White and Blue down on the pool deck prior to the National Anthem - really great of them to include us and to encourage people to find out more about Team RWB. After the National Anthem instead of getting in line right away I went with my FTP and other Team RWB members to help set up the Team RWB table by the finish line. We ended up having about 10 of us participating and another half-dozen teammates there as crowd support...
Swim
  • 08m 13s
  • 437 yards
  • 01m 53s / 100 yards
Comments:

Swim was good, fastest swim I've had in this race, the time actually includes the run from the pool down to the front entrance of transition so the swim itself I think was probably about 30 seconds less...I really concentrated on a couple of the things that I learned at Tri Camp, specifically not crossing over my center line...
What would you do differently?:

Nothing, I was pretty happy with the swim...
Transition 1
  • 01m 47s
Comments:

It was COOOOOLLLLLDDDDD....it was 35 degrees when I came out of the pool so I took the time to half way dry off and put on a long sleeve shirt and t-shirt over that....

It was so effing cold my feet were numb and I wished I would have taken the time to put on more clothes...
Bike
  • 55m 16s
  • 12.84 miles
  • 13.94 mile/hr
Comments:

This was the worst bike I've ever had....I know my bike fitness is bad but it's not this bad, I figured out about 5 minutes into the ride as I hit the first false flat that my seat was way too low and I was lacking ability to climb and working way too hard. I had the same thing happen to me on the first hour of riding at Tri Camp - once I had my seat adjusted it made all the difference, I am confident that while my bike fitness is not great, that had my seat been adjusted properly I would have had at least a decent bike. My overall fitness is far better this year than it was last year at this time which is why this terrible bike is so frustrating...

Dialed in the position on my new bike and actually have gone for an actual ride outside that was more than 10 minutes before the race to check the position and set-up...
Transition 2
  • 01m 7s
Comments:

My feet were so numb that I couldn't feel them to get them into my running shoes, I had to sit down to actually get my feet into my shoes.

Have warmer feet.
Run
  • 26m 54s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 39s  min/mile
Comments:

Not my fastest run on this course but not my slowest either. The most exciting thing about this was I saw a photo of my taken on the run and in looking at the photo I can see that my run form really has changed, I am no longer a heel striker, it is evident from the photo that I really am a mid to fore-foot runner now and that makes me feel pretty good.

Run Faster...
Post race
Warm down:

Got my clothese as fast as I could and hung out with all of my Team RWB Teammates

What limited your ability to perform faster:

bad positioning on the bike and not enough bike training...

Event comments:

Not a great race performance wise overall with an extremely slow bike but I still landed in the middle of my age group and nice to see I had one of the fastest swims in my AG...that's something right? I'll do better next year...

Last updated: 2013-02-01 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:13 | 437 yards | 01m 53s / 100yards
Age Group: 3/12
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: Serpentine 400 Meter Pool Swim
Start type: Dive Plus: Time Trial
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:47
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:55:16 | 12.84 miles | 13.94 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/12
Performance: Bad
Wind: Some with gusts
Course: Rural Roads along around Oxford
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Bad
Race pace: Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:07
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Below average
Running
00:26:54 | 03.11 miles | 08m 39s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/12
Performance: Average
Course: Quick Run Through Campus
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? No
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2013-04-22 10:32 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ohio
Subject: Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon

2013-04-22 10:36 AM
in reply to: #4709848

User image

Elite
Cleveland
Subject: RE: Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon
Bummer about the bike, but nice job on a very COLD morning
2013-04-25 7:29 AM
in reply to: #4709848

User image

Expert
Alpharetta (until we find a home)
Subject: RE: Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon
old ladies must be faster than the young ones
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon Rss Feed