General Discussion Triathlon Talk » CapTex Tri thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2013-05-15 11:31 AM

User image

Expert
McAllen
Subject: CapTex Tri thread

I'm sure there's an older one but decided I'd start another one for people who've signed up.

Doing the Olympic distance myself. I feel a 2:15 is plausible if its a perfectly executed race, but it'll most likely be 2:20-2:25. Not gonna stop me from gunning for the stretch goal though!! It's a really fun course. how bout yall?

2013-05-15 11:38 AM
in reply to: #4743660

User image

Regular
Edinburg
Subject: RE: CapTex Tri thread
We will see you there Paul. I have no idea on time, just wanna get to the finish line.
2013-05-16 9:57 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin

Im in but just getting over pulled muscle, cold, then sever sinus infection.  Been out for three weeks.  I will focus on the swim and run.  This is a fun race.  Should be wet suit legal.

Hey Dewayne we have to hook up I am taking a new job and will be in the valley 2-3 nights per month.  You will have to recommend to good places to swim.

Thanks

2013-05-17 6:06 AM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas
I'm in for the oly.  My time will be closer to 2:55.
2013-05-18 6:43 AM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Master
Surprise, Arizona
I'll be there for the Olympic.  I have meniscus surgery scheduled for July, so I am not planning on being able to run much of the run course. This one will be just for fun for me.  I'll be on a rented Shiv, so I'll probably even be tentative on the bike course.   I'm looking forward to seeing Austin for the first time.
2013-05-18 8:28 AM
in reply to: BHannahs

User image

Regular
Texas
I'm in for the Oly, looking forward to it. Any ideas what kind of water temps we are looking at?

2013-05-20 8:35 AM
in reply to: TXwildcat

User image

Regular
Edinburg
PM Sent TX Wildcat
2013-05-20 3:48 PM
in reply to: baldridges

User image

Veteran
baldridges -
MOST years, it is high 60's low 70s.
Last year it was not wet suit legal. I spoke to someone at a local tri shop and they expected wetsuits.
2013-05-20 4:34 PM
in reply to: jimmy3993

User image

It's been much cooler this year than last, so I expect it to be wetsuit legal. The collective groan last year when the announced no wetsuits was funny.
2013-05-21 2:05 PM
in reply to: odpaul7

User image

Austin
Not racing it this year but volunteering on the run course! Can't wait to see you all rock this one!
2013-05-22 9:32 AM

User image

Expert
McAllen
Originally posted by Hook'em

It's been much cooler this year than last, so I expect it to be wetsuit legal. The collective groan last year when the announced no wetsuits was funny.

This is good! I was wondering about temps.

2013-05-23 7:51 PM
in reply to: odpaul7

User image

Veteran
Austin
Bad news I have a severe sinus infection over two weeks of torture. I am just starting to get better. Going back to ENT in the morning. I am grounded on physical activity. Depending on how I feel I may come down and volunteer.

Good luck to all. Hope to see everyone at Pflugerville,

Physically and emotionally a wreck.
2013-05-23 10:05 PM

User image

Austin, Texas or Jupiter, Florida

Really? It's been over 90 every day. Are you sure the lake's still cool?. But this hazy smoke is blocking the sun I guess.

I'm pumped to get out racing again. It's been a long 9 months since my last race. I'm ready for some bat guano...

2013-05-24 8:19 AM
in reply to: GomesBolt

User image

Last year the 90 degree days started 3 weeks prior to the race (the average high temp for the entire month of May 2012 was 88 degrees).  This year the 90 degree days just started and there were plenty of cool and mild days.  If they flush Town Lake over the weekend, which they try to do prior to races, it should be cool enough for a wetsuit.  
2013-05-24 8:32 AM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

Best of luck to y'all this weekend.

I met Matty Reed last night who's doing the race too. I told him all my BT Boy's and Girls were going to smash him because they're all faster than he is.

So.....don't let me down.

2013-05-24 8:53 AM

User image

Last year the 90 degree days started 3 weeks prior to the race (the average high temp for the entire month of May 2012 was 88 degrees).  This year the 90 degree days just started and there were plenty of cool and mild days.  If they flush Town Lake over the weekend, which they try to do prior to races, it should be cool enough for a wetsuit.  

ok, cool.

What are you gonna be wearing? I'll be running at around 3 hrs. But I'm in the Clyde wave.

I'll be wearing black tri shorts, black under armour shirt, white visor, red sneaks.

Hope to catch up with some of you guys.

2013-05-24 8:54 AM
in reply to: bradleyd3

User image

Originally posted by bradleyd3

I met Matty Reed last night who's doing the race too. I told him all my BT Boy's and Girls were going to smash him because they're all faster than he is.

We'll try not to let you down... But I probably won't be out of the water before the pros finish their bike. I'll be in the Clyde wave...
2013-05-24 9:29 AM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX
Originally posted by GomesBolt

We'll try not to let you down... But I probably won't be out of the water before the pros finish their bike. I'll be in the Clyde wave...

That's cute....a triathlon with waves.

Is it like a mini-sprint or something. LOL

2013-05-24 9:30 AM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

2013-05-24 9:54 AM

User image

I'll be wearing black tri shorts and a BEEF Team shirt (and hopefully my T1 wetsuit to start).  I'm in the Clyde division as well, but we race with our AG and so I'll be going off with the 40-44 at 7:50.  I be in around 3:00 as well.

Everyone should post their Bib# after packet pickup on Sunday.

2013-05-24 12:42 PM

User image

Master
Surprise, Arizona
I doubt I'll be able to post my bib number (won't have internet access once I arrive in Austin), but I will be in the M 40-44 wave also.  I will be a Clydesdale-ish looking guy in an orange Zoot trisuit with a Synergy Endorphin wetsuit riding a rented Shiv.  Oh, and I will also be one of the out-of-towners absolutely melting due to the fact that I am not used to humidity. 

2013-05-24 2:26 PM

User image

Sad thing was that wasn't a double post. He thought it was funny enough to repeat.

2013-05-24 2:32 PM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

Sad thing was that wasn't a double post. He thought it was funny enough to repeat.

I'm an ironman....If I want to post is 7 times, I will.

2013-05-24 2:34 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Originally posted by BHannahs

riding a rented Shiv. 

Is that like a Rented Mule?

I'll keep my eye out for the orange. And for Team BEEF!!!

ETA- Dang the lack of a bold or sarc key!!!

Edited by GomesBolt 2013-05-24 2:36 PM
2013-05-24 2:35 PM

User image

I'm an ironman....If I want to post is 7 times, I will.

You should've finished that off with a "Winning!" ala Charlie Sheen...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » CapTex Tri thread Rss Feed  

of 3