Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » New Tri Club for North Toronto/York Region Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-23 8:31 PM

Subject: New Tri Club for North Toronto/York Region
I just joined a great group: Mettle Multisport (https://www.facebook.com/MettleMultisport?ref=br_tf) - outstanding coach, great president and leadership team and really great group of varied athletes from very strong to just hoping to complete distances and have fun. Workouts are all in Thornhill/Richmond Hill (Tuesday night bikes, Thursday night track workouts and Saturday open water swim/bike).

2013-05-27 2:39 PM
in reply to: ngrunberg

User image

Toronto-ish
Subject: RE: New Tri Club for North Toronto/York Region
That sounds great.

Any more details available?
Number of people?
Quality/availability of coaching?
Level of athletes?
Where do they swim?
2013-05-27 5:02 PM
in reply to: marvintpa

Subject: RE: New Tri Club for North Toronto/York Region
Definitely contact one of the people in charge as they will have 100% accurate answers but here is what I know...
Here are the answers to your questions:

Any more details available?
Tuesday bike I believe is at Richmond Green, Thursday run is at Westmount and Saturday brick and open water swim is at Lake Wilcox.

Number of people?
Seems about 25-40. I can only make the running Thursday nights and it has about 10 regulars and 15 others that are there 2/3 of the time so about 15-20 every week. From what I hear the other days are the same, 10 or so that seem to always make it and 15 others who cycle in and out based on teh week.

Quality/availability of coaching?
Ridiculously good - working on everything from transitioning to how to get out of a wetsuit, the practices are really well structured and available for tips, advice, etc. between via email. Helping setting goals I blew my PB 10K away at the Sporting Life because of the coaching in just under a month of track work. Plus while I'm sure they won't be at every event throughout the year their attendance at Woodstock yesterday was awesome, Christine stayed well after her Sprint to watch and coach the rookies and unofficial rookies in the Try-a-Tri... made a huge impact from prepping and setting up my transition area to just having confidence throughout and a great debrief after.

Level of athletes?
All over the map, the club president is elite, I've only been in a 5km and woodstock and she finished 1st for 35-40 in both! Christine one of the 2 coaches also won her age group. The other coach is heading to an international competition representing Canada... there are a few other incredible athletest that being said there are a lot of medium and novice athletes and absolute beginners - virtually everyone runner on Thursday nights has a running partner or two ranging from 4:00/km to 7:00/km yet we all feed off each other.

Where do they swim?
For now open water at Lake Wilcox. In the winter probably one of the community centers in Thornhill.

Not sure if the club prez would want her email on a message board so email me ([email protected]) and I'll forward it along to her.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » New Tri Club for North Toronto/York Region Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

New Tri Club Starting in Chatham-Kent - TriCK

Started by Silver_wlf
Views: 2118 Posts: 5

2013-02-26 2:28 PM Techdiver

New pool opened in Waterloo Region

Started by Bopper
Views: 945 Posts: 5

2012-01-18 4:43 PM Bopper

Tri and/or swim store in Niagara Region

Started by RVachon
Views: 1091 Posts: 2

2010-01-27 3:28 PM Rockfalls95

New to Toronto

Started by hprevett
Views: 1502 Posts: 12

2009-05-03 5:28 PM justinfss

New Guelph Tri Club

Started by KKoole
Views: 1662 Posts: 4

2008-04-10 8:25 PM Tri-ing at 45
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 6, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
The pros and cons of training with a group or training partner

date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.
date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.

date : February 5, 2008
author : Team BT
Complete course preview of the North East triathlon on 8/17/2008 featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!
date : July 31, 2006
author : Ontherun
This is NOT a diet book, but a weightloss book that has helped me change how I see food and the choices I make when I eat.

date : January 1, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
Inclusion is the key, with elements of the ride fulfilling the training and social needs of 95% of the membership. We have found that course selection, leadership have been the keys.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.

date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.