General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I'm a newbie Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-07-17 6:18 PM

User image

Regular
Long island, NY
Subject: I'm a newbie
Hey everybody! I'm Mike, a 27 year-old former soccer, ice hockey player. I'm fairly new to Arizona (moved from Long Island) and I'm also new to the tri-scene. I've been informally training for the past 2 months. My training has consisted of lifting weights, running on the treadmill, riding the exercise bike, and swimming laps in the olympic pool. I plan to participate in the tri in Sholow next month. Problem is I don't own a bike. I'm thinking of picking up a mountain bike for my first few races. I saw a used Gary Fisher Wahoo for $250 that I might pick up tonight. Anyway, just wanted to drop in and let you all know that I've arrived safely. See you on the road and in the pool. Do any of you train together in Arizona?

Edited by scrappy62 2006-07-17 6:20 PM

2006-07-23 11:47 AM
in reply to: #485442

PHOENIX AZ
Subject: welcome bro
I found Felt to be most econonmical and decent tri bike.
If you even have the slightest interest in the sport...invest in a decent bike.
You spend a lot of time on it.
charlie
2006-08-15 6:37 PM

User image

Gilbert, AZ
Subject: RE: I'm a newbie
Hey Mike!

You don't here about too many hockey players here in the desert! I used to play as well...I'm originally from Canada, though. Anyway, my first tri is the Show Low triathlon - maybe I'll run into you there - hopefully not literally...I'll be a back-of-the-packer (someone has to bring up the rear right?)

What part of the valley do you live/train in?
2006-08-26 3:39 AM

User image

Mesa
Subject: RE: I'm a newbie
As someone who has played ice hockey in the desert, there are a lot of people who play ice hockey here.

I train with AZ Tri Club - http://www.aztriclub.com

They are a great bunch of guys and the group has good to slow swimmers, fast to slow cyclists, and fast to slow runners.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I'm a newbie Rss Feed