General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need some help - Vision metron shifter/front derailleur adjustment Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-06-25 9:35 AM

User image

New user
Subject: Need some help - Vision metron shifter/front derailleur adjustment
I re-cabled my front Vision Metron shifter, and it was working great before. Now, I'm getting chain rub on the outside front derailleur when in the big chainring.

When I pull the shifter in (to shift to the big chainring), it moves the front derailleur all the way out to the stop and is in the position I want it to be in. But, once I release the shift lever, it settles back a couple mm - just enough to cause chain rub. Tightening the cable seems to be the direction I need to go. I am literally lifting the bike by the cable, while tightening the anchor bolt. The cable feels pretty darn tight....

Does this sound like the shifter is defective, or do I need a cable puller?

(Yes, the derailleur has correct height/alignment/stop settings).
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need some help - Vision metron shifter/front derailleur adjustment Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Anyone using Vision metron bar end shifters?

Started by Donto
Views: 3249 Posts: 9

2013-01-29 2:15 PM rontroversy

Front Derailleur Madness - Need Help!

Started by bdesotell
Views: 1168 Posts: 8

2011-05-19 11:45 AM JeffY

need some bike tech help...rear derailleur hanger needed

Started by kagoscuba
Views: 1377 Posts: 7

2009-05-11 3:12 PM pitt83

Front Derailleur Adjustments

Started by Tri-Atlanta
Views: 994 Posts: 6

2007-01-16 12:15 PM gsmacleod

Help - Front Derailleur

Started by toby 71
Views: 1229 Posts: 12

2006-06-22 8:55 AM marmadaddy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 28, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
New products from Athlete 3, Fuji, Garmin, Kestrel, LiveStrong, Reynolds, Scott, Specialized, Shimano and Vision Tech

date : September 27, 2009
author : Coach AJ
New products from Descente, Vision Tech, Pearl Izumi, Saris, CamelBack, BlueSeventy, Blue, GU, Quarq and Shimano.
date : June 30, 2009
author : FitWerx
Are your brakes not slowing you down enough? Are your wheels rubbing on them? This video will cover the basics on adjusting your own bicycle brakes.

date : May 5, 2009
Having trouble shifting? Is your chain not going to the next gear properly? Is it making too much noise? This video will go through some adjustments to your front and rear derailleurs.
date : January 13, 2009
comments : 3
When I switch one wheelset for another, the rear derailleur needs to be adjusted because the rear wheel on each holds the cassette in a different position. Where do I start?

date : September 16, 2007
author : Team BT
Bosu ball lunges with foot in front of Bosu stability ball exercise with picture and video.
date : June 11, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 3
A brief history on aero bar evolution with a review on the bars that I own and love.

date : March 7, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on hand entry, common triathlete training mistakes, the best swim drills, useful swim tools and flip turn help.