General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aerojacket installation Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-07-17 12:08 PM

Regular
Tempe, AZ
Subject: Aerojacket installation
Anyone here buy an aerojacket and have a LBS put it on for you? Did they do a good job? If so, where did you take it?

2013-07-17 2:37 PM
in reply to: amills1210

User image

New user
Subject: RE: Aerojacket installation
I bought an aerojacket from wheelbuilder and installed in myself. It is a great product and good way to increase your mph while not breaking the bank.
Save yourself some money though and do it yourself as it is a very easy process to do and takes only 15 minutes.

Basically, and once your wheel is removed from the bike, you remove your cassette (you need to use a chain whip to hold your cassette from freewheeling and use a wrench to turn the cog remover tool and remove your cassette), install one side of the aerojacket on the side of the wheel with the cassette, reinstall the cassette, and then install the other side of the aerojacket connecting the two using the connectors that come with it. Done. Wheelbuilder has a video on how to do this and it is very simple. Also, go to youtube to see how to remove and reinstall a cassette. Again, this process is easy.

I would also suggest that once installed you tape the jacket then to your wheel as it will float and when you ride and hit a bump you will hear it. Use black 3m electrical tape and just take your time.

if you have any other questions or need some help PM me.

Jason
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Aerojacket installation Rss Feed