Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Beginner Triathlon Clubs/Training Groups in Victoria/Saanich Area Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2013-09-02 7:57 PM

Subject: Beginner Triathlon Clubs/Training Groups in Victoria/Saanich Area
I'm a newbie to the whole triathlon world (no background in any endurance sports, beginner to all three disciplines) but after finishing my first try-a-tri ... and loving it... I've decided push myself to train for some longer distances. I was hoping someone might be able to suggest a training group or club in the West Saanich / Victoria area for a complete newbie like myself (and by newbie I mean turtle slow... for now!). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2013-09-03 1:49 PM
in reply to: Megsg3

User image

Extreme Veteran
Langley, BC, 'Wet Coast' Canada
Subject: RE: Beginner Triathlon Clubs/Training Groups in Victoria/Saanich Area
Hi there! I am in Langley, so no personal knowledge.. Have you had a look at tribc.org ? There is a list of affiliated clubs (upper links, one called 'club info', iirc...) there are contact tel no.s and email... that ought to give you a start to find a newb-friendly local group.Good luck and safe training!
2013-10-13 8:20 PM
in reply to: Megsg3

User image

Hey... Just saw your post. Check out Tristars... They have members all over the city, but most of the their training events are in the Saanich area. They are extremely welcoming and have members of all levels shapes and sizes... Guaranteed to feel welcome. Website: http://www.tristarstraining.com/

2013-10-13 10:14 PM
in reply to: #4845009

User image

Veteran
Victoria, BC
I second the TRISTARS comment... And not just because I coach with them. We have the Taste of Tri program starting in November at the Commonwealth. It runs for one month and is designed as an introduction o the sport for those who have little or no experience. We will also be running the TriStart program in January. Would love to see you there!!
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Beginner Triathlon Clubs/Training Groups in Victoria/Saanich Area Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Xterra training group in Victoria - looking for info

Started by kootenaykin
Views: 1305 Posts: 2

2012-05-21 11:29 AM Kelownagirl

Triathlon groups in Victoria

Started by SmBkRn450
Views: 1057 Posts: 4

2009-06-15 7:47 AM Busygirl

Victoria Triathlon Night - May 11

Started by SpiritFire
Views: 847 Posts: 1

2009-05-08 7:29 PM SpiritFire

any Victoria-area peeps?

Started by SpiritFire
Views: 923 Posts: 5

2008-03-15 5:57 PM SpiritFire

Cycling Clubs/Groups in Vancouver?

Started by DerekWL
Views: 1109 Posts: 8

2007-06-12 1:14 PM jeng
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 29, 2011
author : Pnlop
comments : 0
First race went better than expected!

date : September 6, 2011
author : alicefoeller
The pros and cons of training with a group or training partner
date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?

date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.
date : January 1, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
Inclusion is the key, with elements of the ride fulfilling the training and social needs of 95% of the membership. We have found that course selection, leadership have been the keys.

date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.
date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
comments : 1
How to properly and effectively lay out your triathlon transition area.