General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ways to distinguish myself for spectators during triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-09-08 7:32 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

NC
Subject: RE: Ways to distinguish myself for spectators during triathlon
Originally posted by wbattaile

Originally posted by Goosedog

Originally posted by AtlantaBill

Yes, I know, before I get flamed, it *might* be against the rules *technically*, but if you're not using it in any way as 'support' then I say no harm, no foul. If you're a podium contender it might be different.

The endurance community continues to amaze with its desperate attempts to justify breaking rules.

Carrying a cell phone in a saddle bag may actually not be against the rules. I have actually been at race briefings where they specifically told participants this was ok as long as they didn't take the phone out during the race.

Also, the USAT rules language that would apply to this scenario speaks more to personal audio devices and headphones. I know the water gets murky because most peoples' phones play MP3 files...

Here is a thread that the poster I responded to started. It references DCRainmaker's blog and comments by Charlie Crawford regarding live tracking that is being discussed - even if the phone remains in the saddle bag. It is against the rules. He does also address the emergency phone exception you raise. So, my comment was directed specifically to the poster who suggested using the phone as a tracking device knowing full well that it was against the rules.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Edited by Goosedog 2013-09-08 8:02 AM

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ways to distinguish myself for spectators during triathlon Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Whats your best ways of saving time during a training program

Started by kocourek
Views: 1757 Posts: 21

2011-10-13 3:55 PM kocourek

Spectators finding you during HIM

Started by babalaco
Views: 1001 Posts: 6

2011-07-09 8:37 AM BikerGrrrl

50 ways to identify triathlon obsession

Started by getfitfast
Views: 1942 Posts: 17

2010-06-30 8:03 AM Apotheosis

Things I have learned about myself thru triathlon

Started by southwestmba
Views: 1237 Posts: 6

2010-06-16 7:29 AM jason808

Spectator at First Triathlon: Observations

Started by stupidnickname
Views: 2580 Posts: 18

2005-09-21 8:22 AM apw0397
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 26, 2012
author : AnnabelAnderson
comments : 1
This is an article about attending my first triathlon (as a spectator - I had never entertained the possibility of actually participating one before!), and how inspiring and motivating I found it.

date : September 13, 2011
author : garyhallsr
comments : 2
What triathletes can learn from a new world record in the 1500 meters
date : July 18, 2011
author : garyhallsr
comments : 5
World-record swimmer gives advice on correct breathing technique

date : July 11, 2011
author : Scott Tinley
"Fandom" in triathlon compared to other sports. If you're a sports fan and simply love to follow sport, why pick a sport that may offer a view of the start, the finish and a few moments in between?
date : February 16, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
Some athletes call it runners' trots; others call it diarrhea. Whatever the name, few athletes openly discuss the topic yet many secretly suffer. Here’s some information about this stinky topic that m

date : January 20, 2011
author : AMSSM
Feeling bloated during training and racing is a common concern with endurance sports like triathlon. More salt or more water? Read more!
date : October 19, 2010
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 0
Do you have your first triathlon coming up? This article will give you a few tips on what to wear for your triathlon.

date : December 17, 2007
author : GloriaTouchet
As women, many times our identity is lost by all that we do and everyone that we take care of. In the end, I accomplished that and so much more. Along the way, I rejuvenated and redefined myself.