General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Races that involve strength as well - Pump and Run? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-09 1:48 PM

, California
Subject: Races that involve strength as well - Pump and Run?
I come from a strength training background and am slowly getting into endurance sports. I saw a race called "Pump and Run" which involves weight lifting and biathlon. You ben press a percentage of your weight as many reps as you can, then you run/bike/run. In the end they take 30 seconds off of your R/B/R time for every rep you completed on the benchpress. I'm really drawn to this type of race since I still really like lifting.
Is this type of race common? Are there others similar? I'd like to find a pump and bike event if possible.

2013-10-09 2:20 PM
in reply to: cbr shadow

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL
Subject: RE: Races that involve strength as well - Pump and Run?

Our local track club used to do something similar:  A max bench press followed by a one mile run.  Good for guys like me, but they stopped doing it several years ago due to lack of interest (those skinny track guys were fast, but couldn't lift very much).

Mark

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Races that involve strength as well - Pump and Run? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Maintaining running strength w/o running?

Started by cnsegura
Views: 1650 Posts: 14

2010-12-24 5:55 AM scholar

29 degrees, snow, ice, and ran best race

Started by Tri-Fire
Views: 663 Posts: 3

2010-12-18 5:41 PM jdotten

best pump of music? Pages: 1 2

Started by homerunner
Views: 1134 Posts: 29

2009-07-11 4:00 PM gabe.pitta

Best ways to increase leg strength?

Started by Cyclingmaniac
Views: 2004 Posts: 20

2007-05-14 6:41 PM Cyclingmaniac

Best strength exercises for improving bike speed

Started by apw0397
Views: 929 Posts: 2

2005-10-11 3:27 PM marmadaddy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 31, 2012
author : TINKARRA
comments : 0
Most of the races are flat here, but I live in the area where I could do hilly rides with 1500-2000m of climbing. Is there much benefit with that if I am racing flat?

date : March 14, 2010
author : Ontherun
comments : 1
Ontherun reviews the basics of CO2 inflation systems along with a few of his favorite devices and how to use them including the XLAB NanoInflator and the SecondWind Road and MTB CO2 Inflators.
date : August 20, 2008
author : mrakes1
During this past weekend's Olympic distance triathlon, lack of fuel and dehydration hurt me during the run. I feel a little lost with knowing what, when and how much to consume.

date : July 8, 2008
author : sportfactory
Training and racing with your body type mostly means a more analytical approach to both. Here are a few ways you can tip the genetic scale.
date : January 1, 2008
author : BGTwinDad
comments : 2
We will take a peek into the lowly saddlebag to see what needs to be in there in case of emergency. Much of this may be common sense, some might surprise you, and some are simply just my opinion.

date : October 11, 2007
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 2
When we do or don’t use the treadmill is not so much the issue as to how we use it. When is it appropriate to use a treadmill for your workouts?
date : February 13, 2007
author : BobbyMcgee
Use high and low cadence deep water running to improve your turnover, run-specific muscle endurance and functional running strength.

date : March 5, 2006
author : chrisandniki
BT'ers vote on all of their favorite products, sites and people. See results for the sports of swim, bike, run and triathlon.