General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Info needed...Off road Iron Distance race in Pembina Gorge Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-10-10 5:50 PM

User image

Expert
Lansdale, PA.
Subject: Info needed...Off road Iron Distance race in Pembina Gorge
http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid...

http://endracing.com/wilderman/

I am looking into this race next August in Pembina Gorge, and am looking for intel on the area. I am interested in how technical this area is from a mountain bike stand point. The description of the course sounds like it might be a course suited for a cyclo-cross bike.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

2014-08-06 3:10 PM
in reply to: sgillen

Subject: RE: Info needed...Off road Iron Distance race in Pembina Gorge
steve - sorry didn't see this earlier - the race happened this weekend (i'm the RD) and was successful enough to warrant another year. the biking is hilly but not super technical. some ruts and tight turns and a few rocks and maybe mud but nothing tight or nasty. it will wear on you over the distance though. there are videos and race reports on the website now - www.thewilderman.com

andy
2014-08-07 3:11 PM
in reply to: sgillen

User image

Subject: RE: Info needed...Off road Iron Distance race in Pembina Gorge
There was a link to a race report on the "Maah Daah Hey 100 "facebook page a few days ago.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Info needed...Off road Iron Distance race in Pembina Gorge Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Good Bismarck / SW Nodak Road Rides?

Started by Hazelmn
Views: 2188 Posts: 2

2009-06-26 8:39 AM Pollywog

How's the training/races going??

Started by nathane
Views: 2608 Posts: 15

2008-07-03 8:34 AM nathane

2008 Races

Started by nathane
Views: 2060 Posts: 15

2008-04-09 10:05 PM ImTriing

Upcoming Races??

Started by nathane
Views: 2080 Posts: 9

2007-07-17 9:20 PM ImTriing
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 28, 2012
author : writingrunner
comments : 0
How my first half iron distance triathlon brought back feelings of high school competition.

date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."
date : December 27, 2008
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.

date : December 15, 2008
comments : 2
I bought a new road bike in April and want to know how to properly maintain it during the season when I'm riding often and during the off season.
date : December 15, 2008
comments : 0
I own both a road bike and a tri bike. I am wondering which bike I should be riding during off season training, or does it matter?

date : August 21, 2008
author : vm354
How Pilates training helped a wanna-be triathlete realize the goal of completing a half-Ironman, Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island.
date : September 3, 2006
author : morgoth7
My 1st triathlon, Xterra and the mess I made of myself. This wasn’t your regular triathlon, it was off-road.

date : June 14, 2005
author : PirateGirl
The XTERRA off-road triathlons consist of a lake swim, a mountain bike trail ride, and a trail run. I decided to try the AZ Xtreme Desert XTERRA Tri as my 1st off-road triathlon, and my 3rd tri ever.