General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Safety Belt Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-18 8:45 PM

Subject: Swim Safety Belt
I was just wondering if anyone knows of a safety belt that can be used for open water swims? I am able to find belts that hold full life vests, but they are complicated and really not for use when you are swimming, they are more for boating purposes. What I would like is something that you can wear and in the event of an emergency is can inflate. I am not sure if such a thing exists but if anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated.

2014-01-19 8:12 AM
in reply to: shodai

User image

Subject: RE: Swim Safety Belt

Here's a couple reviews of two different open water safety devices.  One is called The Swim It (which sounds like what you're describing) and the other is called the Safer Swimmer.  I've not used either so can't give any feedback personally.  I use a bright yellow lifeguard rescue tube.  I put the shoulder strap around my one shoulder and the tube follows behind.  There's some drag but I figure it only makes me stronger.     I  bought the tube before I knew anything else existed.  Good luck finding something that works for you.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2012/09/the-swim-it-in-depth-review.html

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/06/safer-swimmer-review.html

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Safety Belt Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

fuel belt or just race number belt?

Started by alex jb
Views: 1036 Posts: 8

2009-09-11 9:55 AM FurnaceM3

Fuel Belt, Number Belt, or Both?

Started by NateC
Views: 954 Posts: 9

2007-07-26 10:12 PM jashac

Swim / Run Belts

Started by AdCo
Views: 711 Posts: 3

2007-05-30 10:09 AM JoshKaptur

Swim Belt

Started by Bigdams
Views: 725 Posts: 2

2006-07-26 5:35 PM Comet

StrechCordz stationary swimming belt

Started by Sirvelo
Views: 1218 Posts: 4

2004-05-27 7:27 PM umbach
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 13, 2011
author : garyhallsr
comments : 2
What triathletes can learn from a new world record in the 1500 meters

date : July 18, 2011
author : garyhallsr
comments : 5
World-record swimmer gives advice on correct breathing technique
date : October 29, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Triathlon swim training discussions on the pull, open water swimming all year, winter swim focus, bilateral breathing during a race and Ironman swim training in 6 weeks.

date : March 17, 2008
author : randomescape
comments : 10
I first decided I was going to "do" a triathlon in 1994. It wasn't until 13 years later, in 2007 that I actually did. Why did it take me 13 years to get to the starting line? The swim!
date : February 18, 2008
author : Ontherun
comments : 7
Looking for a liquid hydration system for your runs? We review the unique Amphipod RunLite 4 belt hydration system. Other than a few small issues, it has performed well.

date : December 17, 2007
author : AMSSM
Learn how to choose appropriate gear for warmth and safety. With proper clothing and exercise adjustments, you can enjoy a season of safe, effective and fun training!
date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.

date : September 4, 2004
author : adumey
To help you extract the most from my account, I will highlight the specific take-aways that will not only improve your race time, but reduce unecessary bloodshed.