Other Resources The Political Joe » Enjoy! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-02-17 1:53 AM

User image

Pro
Subject: Enjoy!

My grandpa lived 2 blocks from his favorite tavern.....my brother and I made the run for him quite a few times, for cigarettes as well...that was in the 60's.  I'm happy to have those memories, but it sure seems like a long time ago.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/columns/bill-mcclellan/mcclellan-delivering-buckets-of-beer-no-longer-child-s-play/article_77e7e67c-40d4-5b35-8557-0e2d3110bd73.html

2014-02-17 8:18 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Veteran
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Enjoy!
Interesting. I had no idea about the buckets. I often see the 'bucket of beer' specials around. Had no idea that is where it came from. I learned something on this Monday morning! (Can I go home now lol)

The one thing that Is still fairly common, at least around me in more rural Wisconsin is bringing kids to bars. I remember going to quite a few when I was a kid, and now that I'm older and have friends who have children, they bring theirs, sometimes (really depends on the place).
2014-02-17 6:56 PM
in reply to: Justin86

User image

Master
Beijing

Originally posted by Justin86 Interesting. I had no idea about the buckets. I often see the 'bucket of beer' specials around. Had no idea that is where it came from. I learned something on this Monday morning! (Can I go home now lol) The one thing that Is still fairly common, at least around me in more rural Wisconsin is bringing kids to bars. I remember going to quite a few when I was a kid, and now that I'm older and have friends who have children, they bring theirs, sometimes (really depends on the place).

Kids aren't allowed in "bars" in Indiana, but by God on a weekend night the Knights of Columbus hall will be full of families, with kids ordering soda straight from the bar! :^

2014-02-17 10:08 PM
in reply to: Justin86

User image

Elite
Boise
Originally posted by Justin86

Interesting. I had no idea about the buckets. I often see the 'bucket of beer' specials around. Had no idea that is where it came from. I learned something on this Monday morning! (Can I go home now lol)

The one thing that Is still fairly common, at least around me in more rural Wisconsin is bringing kids to bars. I remember going to quite a few when I was a kid, and now that I'm older and have friends who have children, they bring theirs, sometimes (really depends on the place).

I think it depends on where you're at. Growing up in WA kids weren't allowed in bars period. In Idaho, I bring my 2 year old to bars to have dinner out with the family.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Enjoy! Rss Feed