Pro
Subject: Wow! Very cool!

2014-03-04 2:15 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Wow! Very cool!

Well, it's good to know that we have a way to raise some money if the economy collapses.   Yard sale!  ;-)

2014-03-05 8:35 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Master
Centennial, CO

It's interesting that they are having trouble raising the funds for the muesem, but seem to have enough stuff that they could sell some "unwanted" items and make the total easily.  Kind of silly really.  But again, this is the Gov/Military.

2014-03-05 8:56 AM
in reply to: velocomp

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by velocomp

It's interesting that they are having trouble raising the funds for the muesem, but seem to have enough stuff that they could sell some "unwanted" items and make the total easily.  Kind of silly really.  But again, this is the Gov/Military.

lol, yeah.  It's all about prioritization in the government just like it is with any of us and our budgets.

I can see something like this as a legitimate national interest for our Federal government to fund and take care of.  However, our leaders chose to spend money on stupid things like; "does cocaine make Japanese quails engage in sexually risky behavior"  (yes, that's a real federally funded research project)

2014-03-05 9:18 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by tuwood

lol, yeah.  It's all about prioritization in the government just like it is with any of us and our budgets.

I can see something like this as a legitimate national interest for our Federal government to fund and take care of.  However, our leaders chose to spend money on stupid things like; "does cocaine make Japanese quails engage in sexually risky behavior"  (yes, that's a real federally funded research project)

Well, does it?

2014-03-05 9:33 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Left Brain

Well, does it?

Why, yes it does

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/scicurious-brain/2011/12/28/cocaine-and-the-sexual-habits-of-quail-or-why-does-nih-fund-what-it-does/

I believe one of the quails starting wearing a squirrel skin coat and was seen striking other quail.  Best evidence was he chirped something about keeping his pimp claw strong.

2014-03-05 10:08 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Left Brain

Well, does it?

Why, yes it does

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/scicurious-brain/2011/12/28/cocaine-and-the-sexual-habits-of-quail-or-why-does-nih-fund-what-it-does/

I believe one of the quails starting wearing a squirrel skin coat and was seen striking other quail.  Best evidence was he chirped something about keeping his pimp claw strong.

Interesting. I don't think the Bobwhite or Chinese Painted quail would respond that way.

2014-03-05 3:32 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I was thinking before I got to the bottom that it's obvious you save those historical pieces.  You don't just chuck them into the bin.  However, I was also thinking what's the point of saving them if they are just locked away and no one can appreciate them?  They need to be in a museum so people can experience them.

Then the whole "saving up for a museum"  thing.  Got it.  I say, let's get cracking on that.  Maybe test fire 10 less cruse missiles or build ONE lest stealth fighter and we have it.

(This is NOT an anti military spending statement.  I love me some stealth fighers/bombers, subs, and aircraft carriers)  But the cost of just ONE plane can build the museum and probably sustain it for years.  F35A is 153 million bucks a pop.  A tomahawk cruise missle is 1.5mil each...

2014-03-05 4:21 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Kido

I was thinking before I got to the bottom that it's obvious you save those historical pieces.  You don't just chuck them into the bin.  However, I was also thinking what's the point of saving them if they are just locked away and no one can appreciate them?  They need to be in a museum so people can experience them.

Then the whole "saving up for a museum"  thing.  Got it.  I say, let's get cracking on that.  Maybe test fire 10 less cruse missiles or build ONE lest stealth fighter and we have it.

(This is NOT an anti military spending statement.  I love me some stealth fighers/bombers, subs, and aircraft carriers)  But the cost of just ONE plane can build the museum and probably sustain it for years.  F35A is 153 million bucks a pop.  A tomahawk cruise missle is 1.5mil each...

Why do you hate America!!  ;-)

Seriously though, there are a gazillion things our government blatantly wastes money on that could be put to far greater use. 

30 Stupid Things The Government Is Spending Money On

#13 The U.S. government once spent 2.6 million dollars to train Chinese prostitutes to drink responsibly

(haha, ok well that one may be necessary)

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Wow! Very cool! Rss Feed  
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 5, 2010
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
Do you struggle to hold your power output indoors versus outdoors? The keys to this problem are due to lack of cooling and the flywheel effect.

date : September 3, 2005
author : Jen Doyle
Often athletes forget the fitness basics such as warm up and cool down. We know they are important, but we want to get into the meat of our workout without wasting time.
date : September 1, 2004
author : AskMrsBT
"On a six-mile tempo run is the warm up and cool down miles"

date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 3
Program details of the 16 week sprint triathlon training plan including details on the swim, bike and run routines.
Program details of the 16 week sprint triathlon training plan including details on the swim, bike and run routines.

comments : 6
comments : 9

Program details of the 16 week olympic triathlon training plan including details on the swim, bike and run routines.