General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for an open water swim group - Renton Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-02 5:47 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Looking for an open water swim group - Renton
I have been out of the action for a while, and it shows. I found a seattle open water swim group who all stay in North Seattle, and that is a tough one for me over here in Renton. Does anyone here swim in the local lakes regularly either in Renton or Bellevue?

Also, I am used to Florida, so I am not sure about how it is done up here. Do we swim with full wet-suit all year?

On a side note, I also need to find a good lap pool over here. (good = not sharing lanes with more than 1 person at a time, and not frustrated at my flip-turn ineptitude.)

2014-07-07 12:12 AM
in reply to: yakn4ever

User image

Elite
Renton, Washington
Subject: RE: Looking for an open water swim group - Renton
Hey there. I'm in Renton. There's a fabulous outdoor pool here, just off 405! I swim there at least 3 times a week. Send me a PM if you want to join me sometime, plus lake Washington, lake meridian and also lake wilderness are great for open water. Would love to help you out.
2014-07-09 1:48 PM
in reply to: yakn4ever

User image

Subject: RE: Looking for an open water swim group - Renton
Raise the Bar (http://www.weraisethebar.com/wednesday-swims-at-lake-meridian.html) has open water swim training at Lake Meridian every Wednesday night until August 20. I'm doing them. It is a good sized group with a wide variety of skill levels - mostly more advanced and a few of us newbies.

They require wetsuits.

In terms of pools, I usually swim in Juanita Aquatic center in Kirkland or Redmond Aquatic center in Redmond. Both are a bit of a drive from Renton, but they aren't very busy during the morning lap swim. I seldom have to share a lane.

Scott I.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for an open water swim group - Renton Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Swim Lessons Near Renton

Started by ezgoezit
Views: 2297 Posts: 6

2009-10-06 10:11 PM kristine25

First Open Water Swim

Started by popsracer
Views: 2039 Posts: 20

2008-05-29 4:27 PM Medusa_Ann

Seattle Open Water Swim Practices 2006!!!

Started by harmony
Views: 2125 Posts: 19

2006-08-28 11:50 AM Novo

Open water swim in Seattle

Started by btaz2
Views: 3586 Posts: 6

2005-08-09 9:51 AM btaz2

Seattle Open Water Swim Practice

Started by harmony
Views: 2295 Posts: 16

2005-07-27 9:50 AM harmony
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : August 12, 2010
author : 10Kswim.com
comments : 2
Learn what the world's best open water swimmers look for, think about and do during a world-class open water swim and it's implications for triathletes looking to improve the swim leg of their race.
date : October 29, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
Triathlon swim training discussions on the pull, open water swimming all year, winter swim focus, bilateral breathing during a race and Ironman swim training in 6 weeks.

date : July 8, 2008
author : ggwellness
comments : 11
Confessions of an open water chicken. I'm OK when the water is clear and the creatures are visible; it's just when I can't see them that the panic sets in.
date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.

date : June 6, 2006
author : marmadaddy
The DVD assumes little-to-no experience with competitive swimming and starts off in the pool citing the need to build confidence in a controlled environment.