General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Half IM Distance- Anywhere close inlate Aug/Early Sept?? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-10 10:43 AM

User image

Subject: Half IM Distance- Anywhere close inlate Aug/Early Sept??
I am training for IMFL and need to do a HIM in late August or early/mid September. Would even consider late September. The closest one I've found is Ced Point Rev3, but that's still almost 10 hours away and we have other conflicts that weekend that won't allow me to drive up very early before the race (one day at most). Anyone doing another race that may be a good option? I would even consider an Aquabike that's 1.2/112. Thanks.

2014-08-11 12:55 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Iowa City, Iowa
Subject: RE: Half IM Distance- Anywhere close inlate Aug/Early Sept??
I use http://www.runningintheusa.com/Default.aspx to check for races. Do others have sites they frequent to find tri races?

Edited by ChemNerd23 2014-08-11 12:56 PM
2014-08-11 2:14 PM
in reply to: #5037710

User image

2014-09-03 9:05 AM
in reply to: midwesttrimom

User image

Sorry I'm late but maybe for next year check out Superior Man in Duluth, MN. http://superiormantri.com

It might kill me but I plan to do this by the year of my 40th b-day so I have 3 years to get ready. I have family in Duluth so grew up visiting the area's that the course is on so it's an ultra cool idea for me to do this...
2014-09-03 9:08 AM
in reply to: brantlyj

User image

Originally posted by brantlyj

Sorry I'm late but maybe for next year check out Superior Man in Duluth, MN. http://superiormantri.com

It might kill me but I plan to do this by the year of my 40th b-day so I have 3 years to get ready. I have family in Duluth so grew up visiting the area's that the course is on so it's an ultra cool idea for me to do this...

This sounds like a good one. Is it super challenging? You can do this one next year!!! Come on!
2014-09-03 10:29 AM
in reply to: midwesttrimom

User image

Originally posted by midwesttrimom

Originally posted by brantlyj

This sounds like a good one. Is it super challenging? You can do this one next year!!! Come on!

Honestly I don't know. I only found out about it since they had a booth at the Grandma's expo. I'm very familiar with the area and the course sounds awesome.

I'm glad you have so much confidence in me. lol. I've never ran more than 6 miles at once let alone combining that with the swim and bike. I need to lose about 20-30 lbs and get ALOT more training. I will do it even if I have to walk most of the run.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Half IM Distance- Anywhere close inlate Aug/Early Sept?? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

irwins bike shop in des moines closing

Started by Noz
Views: 2528 Posts: 1

2010-10-14 8:41 AM Noz

First Tri-Dog Days Triathlon in Belmond-Aug 22, 2009

Started by nichip
Views: 3796 Posts: 11

2009-07-21 2:46 PM nichip
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 20, 2014
author : leighdodd
comments : 0
My issue is that I am currently deployed and training outside is proving difficult, especially on the bike. I have found a safe 10km running loop but I am struggling with the bike training.

date : June 28, 2012
author : writingrunner
How my first half iron distance triathlon brought back feelings of high school competition.
date : September 22, 2009
author : Ali Winslow
Is it realistic to race a sprint and Olympic distance race within 2-3 weeks of one another to gauge my progress before tackling the half Ironman?

date : June 17, 2009
With stroke improvements I find that when I try and swim long I have lost any speed gains that I had because my stroke count just creeps up and up. I also feel like I'm running out of air.
date : August 21, 2008
author : vm354
comments : 1
How Pilates training helped a wanna-be triathlete realize the goal of completing a half-Ironman, Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island.

date : October 30, 2005
author : mikericci
This program should be used for an athlete who has been following the progression of the Half Iron Distance program and is 12 weeks out from their first Iron distance race.
date : July 31, 2005
author : Michael Silva
I’m a 240lb man, and I run relatively long distances. How would you recommend training for marathon and IM distances as heavy as I am?

date : September 14, 2004
author : tri_again
How to juggle life's demands with triathlon training needs.