United States
35F / 2C
Overcast
Total Time = 23m 49s
Overall Rank = 142/918
Age Group = F40-44
Age Group Rank = 3/57
Pre-race routine:

Met at the parents' old house to don turkey attire and take pictures. Left about 9:45.
Event warmup:

I jogged over (out Wilbur - should've gone around to Lockhart, but cut through old CVS parking lot). Found a spot in the corral.
Run
  • 23m 49s
  • 5 kms
  • 04m 46s  min/km
Comments:

It had snowed the day before (and was still flurrying a little bit) making for a festive atmosphere. I seem unable to start my Garmin properly while wearing gloves. I didn't get it going until about a quarter of a mile in. The roads were claear for the most part, but had to watch footing carefully as there was snow falling off the trees in clumps. Also some of the corners had slush/puddles so I was extra cautious there.
What would you do differently?:

Not much other than get Garmin started correctly.
Post race
Warm down:

Nothing, came through chute, got water, walked to find Dad and the kids. Waited around for the awards since I managed to get 3rd on my age group.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I was purposely being careful in the corners so as not to risk slipping/falling before next week's marathon. Had I not been worried about that, I probably could've been at least a few seconds faster.

Event comments:

This is a fun family tradition. The new course seemed to work out really well. In general this race is very well organized (helps that the RD is a runner herself).

Profile Album

Last updated: 2014-10-09 12:00 AM
Running
00:23:49 | 05 kms | 04m 46s  min/km
Age Group: 3/57
Overall: 142/918
Performance: Good
Didn't get the Garmin started correctly, but I got 7:37, 7:49, and 7:43 for splits along the way.
Course: New course this year instead of modified Gallop course. Started at theater, down Elmer to Madison. Lehigh to Pine to Church and then all the way back Church/Wilbur across Lockhart to Delaware, back on Elmer to finish in front of the theater.
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2014-12-01 3:29 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Sayre Turkey Trot
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Sayre Turkey Trot Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Sayre Turkey Trot

Started by tribeagle
Views: 1172 Posts: 2

2013-12-03 11:58 AM Socks

Sayre Turkey Trot

Started by tribeagle
Views: 777 Posts: 1

2012-11-26 8:26 AM tribeagle

Sayre Turkey Trot

Started by tribeagle
Views: 842 Posts: 1

2011-12-21 2:02 PM tribeagle

Ann Arbor Turkey Trot

Started by fromer
Views: 1336 Posts: 8

2004-11-21 5:17 PM fromer

Turkey Trot

Started by Tri40
Views: 1501 Posts: 1

2003-12-16 12:00 AM Tri40
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 16, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 2
Some athletes call it runners' trots; others call it diarrhea. Whatever the name, few athletes openly discuss the topic yet many secretly suffer. Here’s some information about this stinky topic that m

date : September 10, 2010
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
An estimated 30 to 50% of distance runners experience exercise-related intestinal problems, with women experiencing more problems than do men. Learn how to minimize them in this article.